What to do with my room layout? 5.1?

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by kaitlyn2004, Jul 15, 2011.

1. kaitlyn2004

kaitlyn2004 Auditioning

This is my room layout: [​IMG] The red are the two couches. The green is where the TV would be. It's not EXACT placement but you get the idea :) I currently have a 2.1 setup. Sony STR-DG800 receiver Polk Audio R300 x2 Polk Audio PSW10 subwoofer What do you guys thing I should do? A 5.1 would be nice as I like the rear sounds, but the layout doesn't exactly make that all that feasible from what I understand... Should I go to 3.1 and get a center channel? I don't know what to do... please help! :)

2. winniw

winniw Second Unit

Wow... that's awkward. There is no sweet spot for anyone, anywhere. Can you float these sofas, side-by-side, in the center of the room, facing the TV?

3. Eric Nordstrom

Eric Nordstrom Auditioning

I have the same deal . Only my "room" is more of a octogon shape,sucks-but it is what it is. I can't wait to move! Until then I'll just have to deal with it. I think if I were you I would get a matching center ch. for now and worry about rear or side later.