What's new

What to do with defective DLS amp? (1 Viewer)

WayneB

Auditioning
1) toss in dumpster

2) save it in case the replacement someday craps out

3) ebay it

4) donate to Brian or Geoff

any other ideas?

Jason Wilcox

Supporting Actor
bass shakers!

the auto-on problem wouldnt really be a problem since you would probably only want to use the bass shakers with some movies and not music. so you just manually flip it on when you've got a film that you'd like to use them for.

WayneB

Auditioning
Intriguing idea. Hmmph!

Please elaborate....Would i need to build a case for the amp?
And how would I connect it?

Thanks

Jason Wilcox

Supporting Actor
well...you could buy 2 of the aura bass shakers that are on sale at partsexpress now...

then you wire them in series to create an 8 ohm load...as that would provide plenty of power...

then mount them to your sofa...and you're set...as for the mounting details...i'm sure someone else can help with that...

as for the amp...you could just leave it how it is...or build a little box for it simply for aesthetic reasons

if you're just gonna leave it how it is you might want to drill a hole into the top of the plastic cover that is on the amp so the wire could come out of it instead of the hole it normally comes out of on the back of the amp...just to avoid having the wire jammed between the floor and the amp if you set it on the ground...

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Actually, for the Bass Shakers I'd suggest buying 4 and wiring them in a series/parallel configuration for a 4 ohm load if the amp will take it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks