What's new

what to do in philly for the day? (1 Viewer)

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Another vote for the Mint here. I'm actually wearing a shirt from there right now- what are the odds?

You can visit the Hall, the Mint, and the Bell all in about 3 hours. They are all within maybe half a mile of each other.

Visiting IH is like completing a task from the Amazing Race, without the clue. You have to figure out that you need to go to the visitor's center a couple blocks away to get the tickets.

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
OK, I did some stuff in two freezy cold philly days. I did the Mint, which made me feel... poor, of course. I did the Jewish Museum right on the mall, which was small and nice. I did Reading Terminal Market, and had a cheesesteak at Rick's, which was ok. (I might not have been in the mood for it, so maybe I wasn't tuned in correctly.) I did King Tut at the FI, which was good, but much too expensive to NOT feature the actual mummy. ("Body Works" took two hours to see, but Tut only took about an hour.)

And who knew it was Restaurant Week? And who knew about "BYOB"? We ate at Django, Cor De Roma (excellent!) and some other Italian place... Can't recall.

Phreezing cold Philly! Thanks for all your suggestions.

MC

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks