What's new

What Titles Would You Like to see on Blu-Ray??? (1 Viewer)

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Tony Richardson's The Charge Of The Light Brigade 1968. It's been a favorite film since I first saw it when it opened. There was a so-so DVD cut version released in the UK by the BFI & in the US by MGM. It would be great if the BFI did a proper HD job on it.

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Sadly the BFI no longer have the home video rights; they've tons of material for some fantastic supplements, but the rights are now with Studio Canal. And, yes, I would kill for a decent BD of the full length version of the film.

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
Still waiting for Badlands,El Sur ,Lynch and Bertollucci 1900 from Olive films is better than nothing ,but little chance they will include making of Doc,which i think is on Italian BR before the Revolution looks fantastic in HD ,but no US Version What about The Spiders Stratagem ,The Trial,Touch of Evil ???? UA Fellini films? I am Glad we might get A New Leaf :)

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I'm going to answer this question but not with the title of a film. What I would like to see more of on Blu-ray are fresh transfers, of movies in general, not transfers of old hi-def masters, with as little digital manipulation as possible. I've got more than a few Blu's in my collection that are hardly indistinguishable from their DVD counterparts. (And if I had to pick one title that I'd like to see hit Blu very soon, it's The Abyss).

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
El Cid 55 Days at Peking Circus World All the remaining Indiana Jones movies Titanic The Great Escape The Alamo, restored, road show version Waterloo Lawrence of Arabia The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence The Ox-Bow Incident The Battleship Potempkin Things to Come When Worlds Collide War of the Worlds (1953) Invasion of the Body Snatchers (original) Giant My Darling Clementine Invaders from Mars (original) The Wind and the Lion A Night to Remember The Deer Hunter (US release) Jaws Nicolas and Alexandra For a start.

Martin Teller

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Teller
My movies (not including shorts) rated 95 or above on Criticker without a Blu-Ray release (some without even a DVD release): Revenge of a Kabuki Actor Scenes From a Marriage Time of the Gypsies The Exterminating Angel The Hole (1998) Mahanagar Rear Window Sátántangó Werckmeister Harmonies A Woman Under the Influence Aguirre: The Wrath of God Cairo Station Jules and Jim Pather Panchali The Vertical Ray of the Sun The Wicker Man American Movie Charulata Devils on the Doorstep Eraserhead The Girl Can't Help It Napoléon Nights of Cabiria Pratidwandi Red Beard Shame (1968) The Trial Vertigo Visage An Angel at My Table The Bothersome Man The Cameraman The Dead Fires on the Plain Hoop Dreams I Fidanzati Innocence (2004) Mulholland Drive Nightmare Alley Odds Against Tomorrow A Page of Madness Picnic at Hanging Rock Raiders of the Lost Ark Secrets & Lies Singin' in the Rain Tristram Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story Underground Woman in the Dunes The World of Apu Zivot je cudo All About My Mother All That Jazz The Conformist Double Indemnity Drowning by Numbers Even Dwarfs Started Small F for Fake Jellyfish Touki Bouki Lawrence of Arabia Limite Linda Linda Linda The Lineup The Man With A Movie Camera A Moment of Innocence Princess Mononoke The Story of Qiu Ju Songs from the Second Floor Syndromes and a Century War and Peace (1968) What Time Is It There? Some of these are known to be coming, but most I haven't heard a peep about.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Why a "US release" of THE DEER HUNTER? The one available from the UK (Region A playable) is in good shape and not terribly expensive, with a detailed Cimino commentary.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Bob Cashill said:
Why a "US release" of THE DEER HUNTER? The one available from the UK (Region A playable) is in good shape and not terribly expensive, with a detailed Cimino commentary.
Too lazy to order it. :D

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
If you'd stir yourself for just a minute, Richard, you can order it from Amazon UK in seconds, provided you already have an account there. :) THINGS TO COME is on Blu, paired with SHE, but it's nothing to write home about. And shortt of a major restoration it may never be.

classictvfan91

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ian Hayden
1776 (Theatrical Version/Director's Cut/Extended Laserdisc Version) Oh God! Trilogy (1977-1984) Indiana Jones Trilogy (1981-1989)

AdrianTurner

BANNED
Real Name
Adrian Turner
At the moment my top ten wish list would be - The Bounty The Cardinal The Charge of the Light Brigade (1968) Fedora 55 Days at Peking Hatari! Heaven's Gate Lord Jim One-Eyed Jacks Ryan's Daughter

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
AdrianTurner said:
At the moment my top ten wish list would be - The Bounty The Cardinal The Charge of the Light Brigade (1968) Fedora 55 Days at Peking Hatari! Heaven's Gate Lord Jim One-Eyed Jacks Ryan's Daughter
One Eyed Jacks is already out on Bluray, I believe.

Richard V said:
One Eyed Jacks is already out on Bluray, I believe.
I think he means a legitimate Paramount (or somebody like Criterion or Twilight Time) release from the original elements. All the other stuff, DVD or Blu-ray, has been pretty weak.

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Bob Cashill said:
If you'd stir yourself for just a minute, Richard, you can order it from Amazon UK in seconds, provided you already have an account there. :) THINGS TO COME is on Blu, paired with SHE, but it's nothing to write home about. And shortt of a major restoration it may never be.
The UK release of Things to Come is actually pretty good and would make the basis of a fine BD.
AdrianTurner said:
At the moment my top ten wish list would be - ...The Charge of the Light Brigade (1968)...
French BD off the port bow, but I'll bet it's nothing we haven't seen before; I assume you're familiar with all this and Trevor Willsmer's comments at Amazon?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks