What's new

What the best software to use these days for posting picture galleries to the Web? (1 Viewer)

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
I use Comcast for my broadband access and would like to start posting pictures to the "free space" my account is given. Nothing fancy, just a basic homepage that would have links to various categories (and subcategories) of pictures. Ideally I could create a caption for each picture and have thumbnails in a slideshow format that could be easily navigated back to previous categories.

I've got Frontpage and Photoshop, but those seem to be overkill for what I need. Google's free Picasa software looks interesting but I don't know if that is meant only for organizing pictures on your PC or if it can be used to get the pictures to the Internet.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Chris Hovanic

Supporting Actor
One option is to start a blog at http://www.blogger.com/start and use Picasa to upload pictures. Works real well but you would not have the ability to catagorize your pictures.

I use Gallery to orginize my pictures on the web. Im pretty sure Gallery will not install to your comcast "Free Space" as it requires several software type "packages". You could purchase web hosting from a place like Future Point and install Gallery there. Future Point is very reasonable and will register your domain name for free. They have packages that start at around $65.00 a year which includes email addresses. Infact they used to have an automatic Gallery installer in their site administration page.

You can check out my gallery by clicking the link in my signature.

Hope that helps some. Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks