What's new

What Subwoofer Does Everybody Have? (1 Viewer)

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
LOL, maybe that should be Alien Marshall? j/k! ok, bad pun.

I have a 20-39PC w/ISD. Love it. Don't feel any need to upgrade.

MuneebM

Supporting Actor
Allen, I had trouble understanding your question, but Scott has answered it wonderfully. Just because this thread on this particular forum seems to indicate that a lot of people have PB2+'s, that does not in anyway mean that PB2+ is the most common subwoofer in the entire world, or even in North America. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that up here in Canada, the most common subwoofers are made by Paradigm, but you won't realize that from a thread such as this on a forum such as this, because this forum is full of SVS fans. Go to another forum, such as AVS, and you will see that the results are more partial to SVS and HSU and it'll be hard to determine which is the most preferred, as there are many HSU and SVS fans on that forum.

http://66.46.69.23/sigserv/pl/index.pl?p=
Dynamic signature images powered by mod_perl running on Apache.
My DVD Collection

Robert Cowan

Supporting Actor
currently with a definitive technologies supercube reference. in summer (when accomodation program ends), i will be getting a DD-18, or a pair of DD-15's, or maybe a pair of DD-12's. havent yet decided. the 12's hit MUCH harder than ive heard a 12 do before. i was easily measuring it at 89dB in a damped room (floor, wall, and ceiling treatments). two would be pretty nice. plus, i would like to see how two of the DD's link together.

Allen Marshall

Supporting Actor
I dont know the answer Muneeb, thats why i asked. (still wasnt really answered), also my question was directed towards an exact model, not a company name. Got any idea?

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I think that Allen is curious as to what brands people outside of these forums own? I, for one, had never heard of SVS or HSU before discovering the HTF. Before then I had always heard that Velodyne's were the best.

Nathan W.

Stunt Coordinator
Def Tech PF-1800: 18" 500w
Fosgate Audionics FA15.0: 15" 200w
Infinity IL120s: 12" 500w
Dayton 15" Series II driver with Dayton 250w plate amp in a Merak cabinet (original components scrapped)

For the computer: Dayton 12" Series II driver with Dayton 250w plate amp in a BIC enclosure (original components given away as spares along with another identical BIC sub)

Not hooked up is an older DCM SUB-712: 8" with 12" passive radiator and 80w B&K components designed amp.

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
1) 12" 320w - SVS 25-31PCi Powered-sub - :D / APR. 2002

2) 15" 200w - AudioSource SW15 Powered-sub (@ my vacation house - great to knock off the spiders under the base boards!!! ;) ) / 1999

Phil

RobWil

Supporting Actor
Infinity IL-120
Doesn't appear to be very popular but it's really a pretty good sub....especially at $280 for a refurb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks