what size TV

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by IM1340, Jun 9, 2013.

1. IM1340

IM1340 Auditioning

Mike
    So I have spent the past couple months getting my surround sound system put in and the next step is to put in a bigger TV, the first picture is the current 47 in panasonic plasma, the second is a pretty close cut out of a 60 in. the main sitting area is around 12 - 13 ft but the room opens into the kitchen that has bar seating which goes back another 12 feet or so. My question is would a 60 inch be too big for this area? I've looked at 55 in as well but I don't want to set it up and regret not going with the bigger size. Suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. Mr645

Mr645 Stunt Coordinator

Jon
    Someone once told me. Take the viewing distance in inches, and the largest suggested screen size is half of that.

12'=144 inches, so largest suggested screen size is 72"

3. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    It appears to me that your cardboard cutout is too small for a 60" TV. All you need to do is measure the width of your spot and look up the different TV dimensions. You don't have any other place to put the TV?

4. IM1340

IM1340 Auditioning

Mike
    the cardboard cutout is exactly the dimension of a vizio 60 inch LED, just used these dimensions to give me an idea of how it would look in this space. My house was pre-wired and all of the wiring for the TV comes out of the wall behind where the TV sits.

5. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    If you go with the 60" will you have room for the center channel speaker?