What's new

What should I go see? Up to you guys. (1 Viewer)

Brent Cantrell

Stunt Coordinator
The last new movie I saw was....the Mummy Returns, (shudder)...so I'm leaving it up to you guys, here's your chance to run my life, (for a couple of hours at least). Most votes gets it, you've got about 2 hours. Please be nice
------------------
Objective C, the OTHER object oriented language...

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
The others... nice thriller... :)
Or American Pie 2... dammit, if i were 3 years older...
biggrin.gif

------------------

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
The Others, The Score, and American Pie 2 (if you liked the original) seem to be the only positive releases out there.
------------------
Bombardment Society - Member

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Rat Race is OK if you like the kind of comedy used, The Others is a nice spooky thriller, and a lot of my friends have loved AP2. Luckily, I have several friends who are 18, so I could make them take me to AP2 (I'm 15).

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
"The Others" and "The Score" are both superb movies; you can't go wrong either way.

Holden Pike

Stunt Coordinator
Still have to say Memento. If you've already seen that or it isn't playing anywhere near you, try Made or Apocalypse Now: Redux. If neither of those is playing near you and you have to resort to mainstream cineplex crud, The Others isn't bad (though it isn't great either).

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I would say go see Made, but I just checked the website and it doesn't look like it will be showing at all in Alabama!
frown.gif

Is Ghost World showing anywhere nearby? I haven't seen it for myself yet, but friends and reviewers have raved about it. (I also have yet to see The Others but again there's a lot of good buzz on this one.)
As far as the multiplex is concerned, you could do a lot worse than American Pie 2. Believe it or not, Legally Blonde ain't half bad. And I'd recommend The Score as well.
------------------
Scott
Check out my Movie Reviews at Epinions. Help support my debilitating DVD addiction!
AOL IM: TheAngryJew29

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I don't know where Ghostworld is playing, but I just saw it yesterday and it's easily the best film I've seen this summer. Not that that's saying much
wink.gif
but it really is very good.
Only other movie I've seen this summer that I would unreservedly recommend is The Others.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
For a thrilling evening at the movies, except nothing less than The Others! One of this years best films IMHO.
------------------
Warner Bros. is officially dead to me.

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
You can't go wrong with The Others, A.I., or The Score.
------------------
photo11.jpg

Adrian Jones

Brent Cantrell

Stunt Coordinator
I went to see 'the Others'. Excellent film!!! Thanks very much for the reccomendations guys! I strongly urge everyone to go see this one!
Thanks again!
------------------
Objective C, the OTHER object oriented language...

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Memento, AI, or wait till next Friday and see Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back...
------------------
Latest Additions: Wayne's World: The Complete Epic, Die Hard Collection
"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi...At last, we will have revenge."
3 more months...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks