What's new

What should I do? (1 Viewer)

David Preston

Supporting Actor
I just got a new ht cabinet and I have enough room for more components. I have a dvd/vcr player that I rarely play cd's on. I also have a 5 disc changer that I retired and put away. Should I put it back in my system to keep from using my dvd player as much or continue using my dvd player to play cd's. Will it increase the life of my dvd player if I use it only for dvd's. Thanks

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
It only stands to reason that the less a DVD player is used the longer its lifespan. Though others would disagree, I prefer to use a DVD player for DVDs and a dedicated CD player for CDs. So I like your idea.

John-Miles

Screenwriter
I agree with jack, unfortunately in my case i have two choices for cd play back, my PS2 or Yamaha S2300..... so i use the PS2 as mucha s I can. though as soon as i move out of my parents house (hey the rent is cheap and im still in university) im going to buy a dedicated cd playerand solve my problem.

Doug_B

Screenwriter
One may question whether the potential decrease in DVD player lifespan will be significant compared to the eventual urge or need to upgrade the DVD player for other reasons.

Many folks have distinct CD players because they want a better performing source for their music.

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks