What's new

What short lived show do you want from WB Archives? (1 Viewer)

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
Norman Lear's THE POWERS THAT BE!!! One of the funniest shows ever ...

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
The only shows I know of that I am interested in are Flo, Jimmy Stewart Show, the two short-lived Maverick series (especially Bret Maverick), The Dakotas, and the Alaskans. Beyond those, I don't currently know of any others, although I am trying to keep an open mind on some shows, as I continue to find other shows in their library that might interest me.

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
The Human Target(1992) with unaired pilot episode
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventures(1992) with unaired pilot episode
New Maverick
Bret Maverick
The Alaskans

Real Name
Joe
Ian K McLachlan said:
Mine would definitely be - Search/Probe.
I'll second that. I'm happy and probably should consider myself lucky just to have the pilot episode since I never thought it would see the light of day. Same way with Then Came Bronson. Glad to have that as well but would like the series.Bronson was one season and it's surprising how few mention it so I guess I will. Maybe somebody did and I just missed it. I'll go back and re-read.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
HenryDuBrow said:
Believe these to be WB/owned. With clearances, could all be short and sweet releases.

Kaz

King's Crossing

The Mississippi

Flamingo Road
Only show out of those you've listed I've heard of, is Flamingo Road. Did want to suggest that title (even though it aired for two seasons, preceded by a possible feature length pilot episode), but wasn't sure if it was a Lorimar show that would have music clearance problems (like with Knots Landing), or whether it would be a more straightforward path to a Warner Home Video/Warner Archive DVD release (like Dallas and Falcon Crest).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Another short-lived show (but this one is more of a short-short-lived show, as there appear to be only two episodes which were shown, based on it's main IMDb page) I'd like to see released by the Warner Archive, is Adams of Eagle Lake (starring Andy Griffith).

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
I would love to see Love Sidney starring Tony Randall released.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I would like to see Quinn Martin's 1930's private eye series Banyon starring Robert Forster. There are 15 episodes and a pilot movie. According to Wikipedia, Time/Warner currently has the rights.

PatrickGoodluck

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Patrick
Clyde's Place said:
I'll second that. I'm happy and probably should consider myself lucky just to have the pilot episode since I never thought it would see the light of day. Same way with Then Came Bronson. Glad to have that as well but would like the series.Bronson was one season and it's surprising how few mention it so I guess I will. Maybe somebody did and I just missed it. I'll go back and re-read.
Search would be up there at the top of my list for short lived shows. Glad you mentioned Then Came Bronson. I have all the episodes from both those shows but would definitely buy it for superior quality prints.

Not absolutely sure if WB's own these but would love to see The Men wheel series (Assignment: Vienna; The Delphi Bureau and Jigsaw) get a release. Also Jigsaw John.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Banyon would be interesting, but my understanding is that "The FBI" is the only QM show that Warner controls. He did shows "produced in association with Warner Brothers" that are under CBS/Paramount control like "Streets Of San Francisco" and I think that would apply to "Banyon" as well as the other 70s QM titles ("Twelve O'Clock High" would be the one QM show controlled by Fox; which means we'll never see it)

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Warner Brothers Presents (Cheyenne, King's Row, Casablanca rotating series, 1955)

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
I will echo a vote for YOUNG MAVERICK. Add to that my need to whole 'complete' sets of series, thus I want to add BRET MAVERICK to that list.

galipolis

Grip
Real Name
Klaus Dietrichs
For me definitely it is THEN CAME BRONSON starring Michael Parks.
Great Series with fine outdoor camera work and great music by George Duning and others.

But at the moment clearance of music rights puts it on hold getting released by Warner Archive.
But I hope that this TV Show is still on Warner Archive's radar and
that the music rights issue will be cleared soon ...

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
Banyon would be interesting, but my understanding is that "The FBI" is the only QM show that Warner controls. He did shows "produced in association with Warner Brothers" that are under CBS/Paramount control like "Streets Of San Francisco" and I think that would apply to "Banyon" as well as the other 70s QM titles ("Twelve O'Clock High" would be the one QM show controlled by Fox; which means we'll never see it)
Since Fox is going to release Daniel Boone themselves in a complete series set, you could beg that same studio to release 12 O' Clock High, but they won't do it, or will they?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks