What's new

What sequels should AND SHOULDN'T be made? (1 Viewer)

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I always wanted a sequel to Innerspace but that never came to be.

Couldn't agree more. Ruined.
No more Matrix sequels either. Both followups were nowhere near as good as the original.

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
Thank god there won't be a sequal to The Hulk. If I see one more close-up or algae, I might get angry. And you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...

Also, LoXG was supposed to have a couple of sequals lined up, before they found out how bad the movie was critically and commercially. Although I do have faith in Norrington to direct a good comeback movie.

How about a sequal to Zero Effect, where Daryl Zero comes out of retirement to find out who kidnapped Steve Arlo, or something to that effect (no pun intended).

How about a sequal to GO? I really liked the pace and rhythm of the original, and Liman doesn't seem to be doing much these days (and Executive Producing O.C. and Bourne Supremecy do not count)

I would not be averse to a sequal of Kingpin, the second best Farrely Brothers movie.

I kind of liked the idea of the Good Will Hunting sequal from Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. Looks to be promising, especially if the snesitive-ponytail guys shows up again...

How about a sequal (or prequel, what have you) of Memento, which shows how and when Teddy begins to use Lenny as his personal hitman. But that might be off-putting to fans of the original.

I think that the worst ideas for sequals and remakes can be found on any episode of the Simpsons, whenever they mock the Hollywood hit-making machine bye showing clips of the remake of My Fair Lady with Rainier Wolfcastle mowing down a field of 19th Century socialites with a mini-gun.

DougFND

Stunt Coordinator

Why isn't it? Arnold was 53 or so for the T3 shoot. Granted, he's probably the exception rather than the rule. But, 49 shouldn't stop anyone from playing action here.

What is the cutoff age?

Jonathan Carter

Supporting Actor
If they ever make a sequel to Forrest Gump, Titanic, or any of those other manipulative, sappy films they better end with the main characters dying in a hail of gunfire.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
A sequel to Baby Geniuses??? Someone's on the pipe. The first one only made $27 million - maybe it did better on video.

And Jon Voight's in it? Geez, this may settle the question "Which Oscar-winning actor's fallen the farthest." Though I'm not sure BG2 is much below Anaconda...

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
You make sound as if he's dead.

Sequels are tough. Too many end up doing nothing more than tarnishing the original films.

I agree with the idea that maybe Hollywood should look for more original ideas rather than continually trying to regurgitate that which has come before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks