What receiver is this.. Need Model #

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by MikeGee, Dec 23, 2004.

1. MikeGee

MikeGee Second Unit

I have a question..
    i got a pic of a Future Shop flyer thats advertising for boxing day.. THey have a Pioneer receiver going for 500$ canadian i am trying to find out the model # so i can research if this thing is any good because if it is i'll pick it up as a late xmas gift to myself. It sorta looks like one of the Pioneer Elites(but i am sure its not)
    I'd get that and the Athena B2's ...

http://s94807337.onlinehome.us/Futureshop%20002.jpg

any help finding out the model# would be great..also opinions on the quality of this specific model would be also helpful...

2. JohnCZ

JohnCZ Stunt Coordinator

It looks like the 1014tx. I don't know of any other Pioneer with MCAA and a mic (other then the Elites). Also with 110 watts/channel. If it is, its a good one.

The 1014tx is a close copy of the Pioneer Elite 52tx. The 1014tx is currently one of the best receivers for the price.

The one thing is that this could be a bait-&-switch. The $500 Canadian for this receiver is really low. As the advertising states, it is $200 lower then anyone else. Make sure it has a full Canadian warranty! If you can get a new one, buy it. Don't walk...run!

Also, never buy any floor models or open box models from Future Shop!

3. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

I believe it says "1014TX" right underneath the words "with microphone".

4. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

After seeing the ad for a few days I'm SURE it's the 1014. Best Buy only got them in a week ago and I wondered why, now I know.

Picking 1 up on Boxing Day, but I'll try online first!

B

5. MikeGee

MikeGee Second Unit

Do you think i'd have any luck buying online? Its a door crasher so i am pretty sure you gotta go there to pick it up.
    I was hoping it was the 1014... but the 1014 is not 110x4 .. having a 770watt receiver seems a bit sketchy to me...

If its got the warrenty and closed box i'm gonna buy it if i can get near the damn store... its always SOO packed.

For the same price i can get and guarenteed get a Marantz SR4400 (cause its at a differnet store and my friend works there and will pick it up for me)
    Whats your opinions on the SR4400? Would you take it over the Pioneer i mentioned... Pioneer still seems to be the winner to me.

6. DerrikW

DerrikW Stunt Coordinator

Why are you a bit sketchy on having a 770 watt receiver? The 1014 believe it or not, will do every bit of 110X7. Including all channels driven.

I can't look at the front to confirm if it is a 1014 cuz the link don't work anymore.

If it is indeed a 1014 for that price, I would be running in there paying for it and running out the door so fast their heads would spin.

7. MikeGee

MikeGee Second Unit

confirmed... it is a VSX-1014tx-k. It says on the site it has been sold out online already.. tho i'm sure there are a couple in the store which will be bought rather fast. So i'd have to line up pretty damn early

8. Reggie_F

Reggie_F Agent

9. MikeGee

MikeGee Second Unit

Well most likely i'm going to get the 1014tx...

I was going to get all Athena speakers

As-f2 (front speakers)
    As-b2 (rear speakers)
    as-c1 (center)

Now do you think the b2's and the C1's are not strong enough to run on the 1014tx? The F2's i know react well to highwattage.. but any opinions on the c1/b2 working with that receiver?

thanks for the help!

10. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

Yeha, I got mine with confirmation at 12:06 a.m., I bought it and checked out right away.

I may pick up another in the morning.

I'll be using mine with the f2s,c1 and atoms.

Brent