What's new

What "Pilot" TV Show that never made it as a series would you buy? (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Yep, but he asked Warner to hold off because they (the producers) weren't satisfied with it. Eventually, no-one was satisfied, and they just cut the show.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
I've always wanted to see the failed 1979 US version of "Are You Being Served?" called "Beane's of Boston". Also, if someone at Universal had brains, they'd put out the failed 1972 pilot "Savage" starring Martin Landau as a crusading TV journalist (think Mike Wallace/Ed Murrow), and it also featured his then-wife Barbara Bain. Why release it? Simple: it was directed by Steven Spielberg! "Savage" has been shown in the past year on the Trio cable network.

BTW, why doesn't someone at TVLAND devote an hour or two on its schedule a week to failed pilots from the past 50+ years? Think of all of the pilots made from TV's infancy to the present that are gathering dust in vaults in NY and LA- probably thousands of hours of programming waiting to be used. Best of all, there would probably be little or no residuals to pay!! My idea would be for either A) a "Pilot Playhouse" that would air weekly on TVLAND, or better yet, a PILOT CHANNEL!!

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I'd like to see the original version of the Wolf Lake series pilot, which was significantly different than the series that was eventually made - many of the same actors, but different concept.

The American attempt to make Red Dwarf could be interesting to see, in an unpleasant way. It starred the Deep Space 9 woman with the spots (the one from the Mannequin film).

david_slater

Stunt Coordinator
i love pilots.
they should offer just pilots for Series as well as the Season sets.
there is a lot of shows i just want the pilot to. :D

Brian_FSullivan

Stunt Coordinator

Off the top of my head:

LIFE ON PAROLE (FOX) - Comedy about a parole officer (Dave Herman of "Office Space" fame) whose best friend is one of his parolees. Jon Favreau directed it.

NORTH HOLLYWOOD (ABC) - Comedy about struggling actors that starred Jason Segel, Kevin Hart, Amy Poehler, January Jones, Phil Hendrie and Robyn Peterson. I believe Judge Reinhold played himself in the pilot.

SICK IN THE HEAD (FOX) - Comedy with David Krumholtz as a young therapist. Trio recently aired it as part of failed pilot-themed month last year.

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member
"What's Alan Watching"

Starred Corin Nemec and produced (and guest-starred) Eddie Murphy, pre-"Parker Lewis Can't Lose". VERY VERY funny. Apparently befuddled the CBS execs. The parody of James Brown in court was hysterical (singing "it's a man's world" in prison). Alan had an active imagination, TV characters would "talk" to him, especially a sexy gal in a shower-soap commercial, dealing with his none-too-cool parents.

Great show, would have been one of the good ones.

Matt_H

Stunt Coordinator
I wanna see lookwell bad after seeing clips on the adam west biography.
I've seen Heat Vision and Jack and that was pretty good.

Bruce F

Agent
Real Name
Bruce
Here's another vote for Project Questor and Genesis II.

I'd also love to see Planet Earth (second attempt at Genesis II) and Spectre. As these were all Gene Roddenberry attempts, I'm suprised they don't distribute them through his wife's website. I suppose she doesn't have the rights to them, though.

Bruce

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
20 Things to Do Before You're 30 (2005) with Liz Vassey
Aquaman (2006) with Lou Diamond Phillips
Cooked (2005) with Dane Cook
The Cure (2007) with Liz Vassey
The Dave Chappelle Project (1998) with Hill Harper
Dragans of New York (2002) with Hugh Laurie
Fearless (2004) with Rachael Leigh Cook
Hello Mother, Goodbye! (1974) with Bette Davis
The Judge and Jake Wyler (1972) with Bette Davis
L.A Confidential (2003) with Kiefer Sutherland
Life with David J (2001) with Liz Vassey
Lookwell (1991) with Adam West
Nikki & Nora (2004) with Christina Cox
Platonically Incorrect (2003) with Carmine Giovinazzo
Sporting Chance (1990) with Bruce Boxleitner
Stroller Wars (2006) with Tiffani Thiessen
The Weekend Nun (1972) with Ann Sothern
Winter Kill (1974) with Andy Griffith

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
I'd love to see Hastings Corner- it was filmed in the late 60s, and was a Peyton Place spoof starring Karen Black and Hal Linden. Also featured was a pre-Brady Bunch Barry Williams and Batman's Madge Blake ("Aunt Harriet") in her last performance. A Screen Gems prodution, the failed pilot aired in January of 1970.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The two or three TV pilots for Call to Danger. I know from the Official Mission: Impossible Dossier book that Peter Graves starred in the 1967 and 1973 pilots.

JLKINSER

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Kinser
I would buy a show that ran, I think in 1996 or 1997 called "Outlaws". It was a made for TV movie and ran about 13-14 episodes ,I think, before it was pulled. It was about a band of outlaws and one sherriff that rode the lightning to presnt day LA and they open up a dective agency.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks