What's new

What movies will you be re-watching this Fall? (1 Viewer)

Josh.C

Second Unit
I don't know how all of you guys pick your movies for re-viewing. Personally, I have a pretty large DVD collection, and all of them are worth multiple viewings. After viewing a good film the question is always "buyer", "renter", or "never gonna see that again". Then there's always the movie rental store, Netflix, Blockbuster, etc...

As the season's turn there are always films that beckon for me to watch them. Maybe it was a great film experience at a certain time of year, maybe the theme of the movie fits the season at hand, maybe it's just a wierd connection to the looks, smells, temperature....you get the point. With Autumn upon us, I was wondering what films will be yelling for you to pull them off of the shelf and pop them in your DVD/HD-DVD/Blue Ray/ and for you old schooler's, VCR's and Laser Disk players, this fall.

Have at it

Jason Roer

Supporting Actor
I tend to spend a lot of time watching horror and horror/comedy films in the early part of the season - everything from Dr. Caligari and other silent classics, all the way up to the most recent films in theaters. I'll definitely pop in Ghostbusters and Young Frankenstein. I'll probably go through an entire run of one of the big horror franchises such as Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, or Friday the 13th. Of course I always try to watch 80% new films. So there usually isn't too much rewatching.

Toward the second half of the season, beginning around Novemeber 1st, I tend to transition to fantasy/scifi films. Don't know why, but I love fantasy/scifi as it begins to get cold outside. Here I will probably go through the extended editions of Lord of the Rings for only the 3rd time, believe it or not.

And throughout all the year, I'm always devoting a good portion of my viewing to the classics - and most of them will be new films for me, so they aren't relevant to this thread.

Up tonight - I will revisit Swamp Thing - as I have it on my DVR from HDNET movies! First, I have to finish Terror Train, which is a new viewing for me - for some reason this fell under my radar over the years. Jamie Lee Curtis stands out from everybody else (as usual in her early films). Very fun film. Love 80's slashers! Such a different vibe from today's flicks.

Cheers,

Jason

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Basically I just cycle through. I do watch certain films on Halloween, Thanksgiving and much of December, but for the rest, it's just cycling through, based also on what my wife and son want to watch. Some that are likely to see viewing in the upcoming months: The Third Man, Back to School, Royal Wedding, Send Me No Flowers, Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid, Goodfellas, The Pink Panther, From Russia With Love, The Sting, Fletch, Meet the Parents, Patton.

Certainties include Young Frankenstein, Planes Trains & Automobiles, and a ton of Christmas films.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I was gonna post the same. Something about cold weather lends itself to fantasy (not sci-fi though) in my book. And this was years before the LOTR films.

--
H

mylan

Screenwriter

Yeah, me too. My wife and I watched the first one, I watched the second on the last night at our old house while she was packing and we have never revisited the trilogy since. At this point we may have to repeat the entire trilogy. I still get kidded about it at work from a fan but we simply have not had time to do the second and third part, I feel like I know the final movie but still need to watch...

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Ive been neglecting my DVDs with all the bass practice lately.

So Ive been going through my library as well watching some stuff I havent seen in awhile and some just at random

Recently:
My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Kill Bill 1&2
Hard Eight,Boogie Nights,Magnolia, Punch Drunk Love (all last sunday)
Donnie Brasco (Just read the book,so...)
Downfall
The Incredibles
Ikiru

On my to watch list:
Man With No Name Trilogy (Finally got around to getting the new discs)
Gridloc'd (Cant even remember the last time I watched it)
Dick Tracy (Dont think Ive seen it since the DVD came out)
Forrest Gump (Havent seen since the DVD came out)
Barry Lyndon
The Pianist

Im also itching to watch Blade Runner but am holding out for new release.

I love Halloween and am already looking foward to Horror week.

Speaking of LOTR I bought the release with both the extended and theatrical cuts on the same disc awhile back and still have yet to watch the EX cuts.

Mendoza

Agent
Real Name
Jesse
Maybe Adaptation, Amelie, Rope, Touch of Evil... Also 2001: A Space Odyssey on HD DVD and Grindhouse when they come out.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Well, as usual for Halloween Month, all of October will be dedicated to the Universal Horror classics, which are my favorite films of all time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks