What's new

What movies do you like to watch more than once? (1 Viewer)

DanielKellmii

Supporting Actor
This must have been asked before, but I thought I would would give it a try. If you want, just go ahead and redirect me to the proper thread.

So, what movies can you watch over and over and what movies do you consider great, but only want to watch once.
Movies that I like over and Over:
All LOTR Movies
ALl Matrix Movies
Star Wars
Return of the Jedi
Star Trek 2
The Dark Crystal

StacyV

Second Unit

Requiem For A Dream, I thought it was scaringly depressing (or maybe depressingly scary?) Either way, it's a great movie that I knew after the first time I'd never want to see it again. Ellen Burstyn's character especially is the heartbreaker for me.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I'm not going to say what I usually hear from people which is that every movie in my collection is one I want to watch more than once. I don't doubt this is true of most people that say it, it just wouldn't be true of me.

Several I enjoy watching multiple times over.

Any of the Pixar films.
Practically any sports movie I own.
Shrek
Ghostbusters
Episode I, II, IV, V, and VI of the Star Wars films.

Actually, even though there are a few, the shorter list is the movies I own that I only want to watch once, or have only had the desire to watch once since I've bought them. I guess I could find the desire again in the future but haven't in some of these cases for a couple of years.

Things like Fun and Fancy Free, An Extremely Goofy Movie, Independence Day, Big Momma's House...stuff like that.

Then there are those films that fit neither group, but just that I only can watch when I'm in a certain mood and if I go long periods of time without being in that mood I don't watch them.

American Beauty is an example of a film I have to be in the right mood to see.

I always watch "Baseball: a film by Ken Burns" right before the start of baseball season, and other stuff at Christmas/other holidays as well.

Jeff B.

Stunt Coordinator
Three most watched movies in my collection:

Tombstone
The Boondock Saints
The Princess Bride

These are all "feel good" movies for me that I love for one reason or another.

Other notables:

Gladiator
Braveheart
Kill Bill
Pulp Fiction
Snatch
Silverado
Pirates of the Carribean (this is such a fun movie :laugh: )

I'm with Stacy on Requiem for a Dream. I bought the dvd and watched it that night, haven't touched it since. It IS a very good movie imo, I just felt like total crap after whatching it. I also thought 21 grams was great filmaking, and acting -- just doesn't have alot of replay value for me.

On another note, I don't watch any of the LOTR's as much as I thought I would. Especially with the EE's they are very long and often I find I just don't have the time for them. :frowning:

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Films I can watch anytime:

Bring it On!
Ghost World
Donnie Darko
War of the Worlds
Sabrina (1954)
Leon: The Professional
Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
Scarface
Episode II, TPM
The Italian Job
Menace II Society
Kill Bill vol I

I've never taken the time to think about what if anything those films have in common but over the past year they have probably accounted for 80+% of the movies that I've watched at home.
I have about 100 DVDs and would rank all of them as great. Off the top of my head the best excellent but I never get the urge to watch title in my collection is JFK.

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
Any Star Wars
Any Indiana Jones
Any Lord of the Rings
Any Back to the Futures
Toy Story 2
Rear Window
Gladiator
Signs
The Naked Gun
Spider Man
Pirartes of the Caribean

I agree with Casey, there are many movies I just have to be in the right mood to watch. Christmas time, I'm all about watching my christmas movies. Towards October, I pop in my World Series and Yankees DVD's :D .

Gangster movies like the Godfather and Goodfellas, are movies I have to be in the right mood for. Same with Westerns and some Dramas.

MarcusUdeh

Supporting Actor
The first six Star Trek movies

Whoopi Goldberg (The Color Purple, Jumpin' Jack
Flash,Burglar, Fatal Beauty)

Dune (A David Lynch Film)

Fight Club

Lethal Weapon (all of them)

Those are all I could come up with right off the top of my head.

Ike

Screenwriter
I don't rewatch films much, but I can watch Deconstructing Harry every day for some reason.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well it's true of me. I only buy movies that are rewatchable, hence by definition every film in my collection is one I can watch over and over.

Brad_See

Stunt Coordinator
Man I can watch Bottle Rocket over and over. It gets better every time!

I also like to watch Ronin, Blackhawk Down, Office Space, UHF, The Matrix and Contact.

brad cook

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I consider all my DVDs as having considerable multiple viewing possibilities. But the one I've watched the most times is GWTW. I've seen it 250+ times

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
Almost Famous tops the list for me. (In fact, I just got done watching it again.)

Donnie Darko (Actually, this one demands to be watched more than once.)

Office Space

Kill Bill

Fight Club

The Goonies

...among others. All the DVDs in my collection are inherently re-watchable. Which, I suppose, is why I bought them in the first place.

StephanieC

Stunt Coordinator
I'm with the people who like to rewatch the films I own, that's why I buy them! Though some I haven't really rewatched even though I like or love them. Those are From Hell, The Pianist, Amadeus Director's Cut and Apollo 13.

My most rewatched DVDs are Singin' in the Rain, Evil Dead 2, Big Fish, Love Actually, Dogma, Mallrats, all of Terry Gilliam's films and the Monty Python movies, Bowling for Columbine, Best in Show, Waiting for Guffman, A Mighty Wind, This is Spinal Tap and the Director's Label DVDs of Michel Gondry and Spike Jonze.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
"National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" is one I watch a lot during the holiday season. I'd say I watch it 3 or 4 times a year around that time.

Another would be "Torque". Although I only bought it last month, I've watched it about 6 times so far and have yet to get tired of it.

Finally the "Rocky" films always get repeat viewings. I've watched all 5 at least a dozen times or more.

In April, we purchased a rear projection 52" screen, so I'm currently in the process of enjoying my DVD collection all over again! I'll tell you, with a screen like that, it's too easy to re-watch movies more than once.

ZackR

Supporting Actor
I plan to rewatch everything I own, or I wouldn't own it...but there are some that will always get repease viewings:

Superman: The Movie
LOTR Films
Matrix (first one)
MST3K: The Movie
Casablanca
The Adventures of Robin Hood
The Lion King
Rocky Films (loved 'em since I was a kid!)
Jurassic Park
The Goonies
North By Northwest
The 'Burbs - probably my most rewatched film going back to VHS days! :emoji_thumbsup:
many, many others

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Jaws - Whenever I get something new for my HT, I pop in this movie because I know virtually every sight and sound from so many viewings over the years.
Star Trek 2 - KHAAAAAAAANNNNNN! 'nuff said.:D
Twister - Yeah, it isn't the greatest movie, but I love the sound.

Louis C

Supporting Actor
These I've watched at least five times...

Groundhog Day
The Godfather
Airplane
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
When Harry Met Sally
First Blood
Terminator 1 & 2
The Majestic

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Although I basically cycle through all of my films, there are a handful I've seen more than the others, since they're ones my wife and I watch once a year, on a specific day. Namely:

Groundhog Day
Father of the Bride
The Long, Long Trailer
Father of the Bride, Part 2
Hocus Pocus
Young Frankenstein
Planes, Trains & Automobiles
Homecoming: A Christmas Story
The Santa Clause 2
Scrooge
It's a Wonderful Life
A Christmas Story
Miracle on 34th Street
Jingle All the Way
Scrooged
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Home Alone
When Harry Met Sally

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks