What kind of receiver should i buy for this speakers??

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by David.DJ, May 1, 2003.

1. David.DJ

David.DJ Auditioning

KLH Speakers and Subwoofer

hi, i am new to this home theater stuff and i was wondering, what kind of reciever should i buy for this kind of speakers? Is there any receivers that i can buy under $100 for this kind of speakers? Im on a budget of $200 because that is all i have and i want to hook my xbox to this speakers or the reciever that i can buy under $100. I was wondering also is this a 500 watts speakers? Please rate this speakers and pls give the good and bad.

Thank You

2. ScottRCapt

ScottRCapt Stunt Coordinator

David,

Thats more like a computer set up than anything that could be called "Home Theater".

I doubt you will be able to find a digital 5.1 channel receiver for $100.

If you are hooking this up in a dorm room or small bedroom, maybe you can find a boombox that has 5.1 output, but I don't know of anything like that.

Sorry,

Scott

3. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter

Most people will say bad even though they havn't heard them just because KLH is a low end brand. For $200, you could try and find a home theater in a box special that includes a receiver to get you a better bang per buck.

The speakers say 5-100 watt capacity, so you "could" get a 100w x 5 receiver. (500 watts)

My suggestion is to keep a good eye out for all clearance, discounted and used 5.1 receivers in that price range. There arn't any brand new ones for $100 that I can think of. You'll probably be better off with a used or discontinued model.

4. David.DJ

David.DJ Auditioning

Chris, i was thinking of buying this RCCA RT2350 (CLICK ME) is this good enoough for my small room? because i just want to have dolby digital surround sound for my xbox and home audios. Also is this 5.1 surround sound? if you can find me a better one that is much cheaper pls tell me.

Thank You

5. DarwinU

DarwinU Extra

David, if this is your first venture into 5.1 and $200 is all you have, then I believe you will be very happy with you your money spent on this package.
    Although I can't say anything else about that RCA package, it should do the job for your small room just fine.

6. Terence H

Terence H Auditioning

7. Ray Kerr

Ray Kerr Extra

Terence, he only has a b=udget of $200 for speakers AND receiver... You speakers are already $29 over budget(and the S&H hasn't even been factored in yet). The RCA (or other brands) HTiB may be the route to go. Check the SUnday flyers in your local paper and see what's out there. It won't be great, but it should work and will be within your budget.

8. Terence H

Terence H Auditioning

i know but that rca he shows is 249...
    z680 doesnt need a receiver if you connect to a xbox...