What's new

what kind of picture quality can I expect from the Samsung TXN3075WHF (1 Viewer)

david*mt

Second Unit
I'm thinking about getting it because Bestbuy is offering the $100 giftcard with purchase and just wanted to know what kind of picture quality to expect from it. I mean, how will it compare to larger projector sets? I plan on mainly watching DVDs for now and using Avia to tweak it.

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
David:

I am looking at this set myself and took a ride to Best Buy as well today to look at it.

Looks pretty great for the price. Nice picture although the store did not have a HD signal running through it. I am confident this will be the one I will end up getting.

etronics.com has it for $849 (etronics ) so I am going to price match CC since etronics has a local store here in NY. I figure for about $830 is an awesome deal for an HDTV set!

BTW: The set they have is the TXN3071WHF NOT the TXN3075WHF.

Circuit City has the TXN3075WHF

david*mt

Second Unit
Thats a great price from Etronics. Does anyone know if I would get the manufacturers warranty if I ordered from them? Would I have to pay tax because I live out of state? Because shipping is only $94 for me and it would still beat Bestbuys price.

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
David ... Etronics is totally legit. I have ordered a lot of things through them and a client of mine also knows the owner. Next to J&R they are one of the largest distributors here in NYC.

I think there is no tax if you order from out of state.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
PQ on most of the samsungs is first rate.

Build quality often leaves something to be desired. Also, they seem to be prone to damage in shipping. We drove back and forth *three* times to finally get a decent (4x3 version) 27" HD set to my friend's house that worked...the first one was physically cracked on the case...the 2nd would produce no picture...the third finally worked!

It was no fun driving back and forth trying to convince the guys at best buy that the set was really broken. Be sure to open the box and turn the TV on in the store before you drive home!!!

-dave

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
DaViD, that's exactly the information I was looking for when asking about Samsung's TXN3271HF 4:3 HD-capable set. So you think the picture quality is great but that your experience calls the build quality into question. From that episode I suppose you could rule out getting a Samsung from an online dealer.

KevinJ

Supporting Actor
i have a 27"samsung[txm2796]and the build quality is not bad imho[no cracks or anything,worked right out of the box]

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
Well, I finally bought the TXN3075WHF after 6 months of waiting to get a good deal on a 30" set.

Using the Etronics price match above, scored it at CC for $834.99 ...

The set looks pretty awesome in the store, but I am sure I will have fun tweaking it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks