What's new

What Kind Of Car Subwoofer Setup Do You Have? (1 Viewer)

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Michael Johnson: How's those Utopias sound? I just gotta envy those.....

No db drags here but into SQ...

I have a 2.0cf ported box with a JLW3 pushed by a Rockford Fosgate Power 500.2 monoed. Very tight and moves a lot of air. Highend covered by some Diamond Audio Hex separates pushed by a RF 300x. Everything is crisp and clear.

The sound pressure is quite dramatic in my vehicle but the soundpressure in my HT is almost as much (SVS).

Robert G

Stunt Coordinator
Hmmmmm? I just happen to have two SVS standard drivers laying around. What could I do for my truck with these? Tom... Anyone..;)

Michael Johnson: How's those Utopias sound? I just gotta envy those.....
I swapped these into my SS (took out the MB Quartz). After leaving the car in my garage with the speakers playing to break them in, I took her for a long cruise.
WOW, the Utopias are wonderful sounding. They made my HT sound terrible, so I had to upgrade ALL my HT equipment (Yamaha RX-V3200, M&K speakers, Panny rp-91, SVS20-39cs+ & Samson 1000)!
Whatever you do, DO NOT buy the Utopias as it will get quite expensive fast:D

Mark Seaton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark Seaton
Hmmmmm? I just happen to have two SVS standard drivers laying around. What could I do for my truck with these? Tom... Anyone..
TV can certainly better answer this as he would know the T/S parameters, but I expect someone with one of the drivers will measure and post the parameters. Taking some rough guesses though, and based on what Jack Gilvey was guessing at for parameters when he built a sub with the driver, I would guess a box size ranging from 1 - 1.5 cu.ft. sealed would work great depending on your car size. Put a pair in a car with maybe 300-750W and you shouldn't have to worry about bottoming.

Shawn Sefranek

Second Unit
Nothing but the BEST for MY car.
SVS BABY :D:D:D:D !!!!!!
P0002330.jpg
I’m just kidding by the way.
That photo was taken before I sold the two 20-39’s and got the new PLUS series Subs.
I sold them locally and was checking to see if they fit into my old car car.
In my car I actually have Dual 10” Alumapro Subwoofers in a custom box.
They are driven by a 400-Watt Kicker Amp.
This is in my 2003 Acura CL Type-S Coupe.
Shawn S

Angelo_Petralba

Second Unit
Real Name
Angelo
My PT cruiser sports an Adire Tempest in a sealed 3cf box with 700 watts @ 4ohms and metered at 141-143 DB.

Did I mention it sounds FANTASTIC?

My input.

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
Audiobahn 12" in a custom box I built for me. Hit's very hard. I may change it up to a Shiva or Tempest though.

Leif Wall

Second Unit
2 JL Audio 12w3s powered by a MTX 500d in a '89 Ford Ranger (extended cab). Been thinking of going with 15s, but don't want to go deaf.

Allen F

Grip
2 10" Boston Acoustic Pros in a divided box, I built, with 1.5 ft^3 per side, wired in stereo 1 side per channel. I think I am going deaf.

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Shawn: LOL...How's that spoiler work for ya??

Michael: Yeah, those Focals run into some bucks... but that is what I'd have if I was still traveling as I did until about 5 years ago. Even so those DA Hex were pricy enough!

For several years I traveled for a large company and they furnished me a car and allowed me to put my own sound in it. I always had a show class system usually done by Auto Radio in Memphis. Trunk full of sub and amps!!!

Now most of my sound money goes into my HT system since I don't travel nearly as much. But even so, I have avoided listening to some Utopias....LOL.

It seems as we get older, we require crisper-cleaner and just hope we can afford it.

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
I think if I were interested in spending some cash on the
mids and highs I would most definatly check out these.
Focal Utopias
DA Hex's
Illusion Audio Carbon Fiber
Scan Speak Revelators
Kraco Super Chrome Wizzers :D

DeanQ

Stunt Coordinator
I run (2) JL audio 10w0's in a box thats about 1.7 cubic ft powered by a MTX Audio class d mono amp. I have boston acoustic all the way around and a 4-way MTX amp pushing the front and rears all going through a MTX crossover and an Epicenter. And i'm running a Kenwood Excelon Cd player.
My subs below!
MVC-015F.JPG

My webpage

Marcelo T

Stunt Coordinator
I use a Fosgate 12´ in a sealed box in the trunk, powered by a fosgate amp. Very nice sub (better than my velo ct100 in my ht, anyway).

Sihan Goi

Second Unit
Hey, how are the Audiobahn subs anyway? I know that in car audio, JL Audio makes arguably the best subs, and I don't hear much of Audiobahn, but damn do those Audiobahn look good, and ridiculously overbuilt. They look like they could withstand a 0.5" automatic machinegun firing at them. :)

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
Saying JL Audio makes the best sub is VERY arguable indeed!
These Subs come to mind...
Xtant Hex DVC
Kicker Comp VR DVC
Rockford Fosgate Punch Power HX2 DVC
Kicker L7DVC
Infinity Perfect DVC
Eclipse Titanium DVC
Ultimate Cupric DVC
I could go on.. :)

Mark Guidry

Stunt Coordinator
Great looking sub set up Shawn:D Looks like you can get some mad HP gains out of them too!!
I am running a JL 500/1 amp to a 12" Image Dynamics IDMAX in a 1.5 cft sealed box with CDT's all around running off a JL 300/4 and a Audio Control four.1 EQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks