What's new

What is THEE best Blu-Ray movie (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Garrett Reid
Obviously that is a loaded question, but what is your favorite movie to watch in blu-ray?

Picture quality, effects, audio effects, plot, actors, etc.

Real Name
Garrett Reid
I'll start. Mine is Terminator Salvation. The audio effects are amazing, visuals look good and the plot isn't deep but easily understandable.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Don't laugh at me, but it's actually...Hairspray! (2007 version). I just dig the music, m'kay?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Sin City is one of the most remarkable presentations because of how sharp it looks in comparison to the DVD. If you ever want to blow someone away, do the A/B of that disc. But from a Bit-to-Bit, Avatar has one of the most detailed presentations I've ever seen. In the summer, when we setup our backyard theater (a nice 22" blowup screen) it looks SENSATIONAL in the backyard coming off a projector. It's a film built for huge screens.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
2001: A Space Odyssey

Favorite film and a nice presentation = Best Bd.

In a few months, I hope I can add Once Upon A Time In The West (a top five film for me) to the mix.

- Walter.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Most impressed by 2001 as well. I was floored by how awesome that old movie looked. Then I watched 2010, a bit newer, and it didn't compare. Good...but it didn't sparkle like 2001 did on blu ray. Can't wait to get the urge to watch it again.

Avatar and King Kong, for newer flicks. Gorgeous transfers. Watchmen, Batman Dark Knight, Speed Racer and Star Trek (reboot). Really hard to choose from all these. I'll just go with Watchmen. I bought it with Dark Knight ($40 total!!) just to have something to check the quality of the new equipment I'd just bought. the film looked good, I'd never seen it and felt it was awesome too...not just average as I'd expected.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
How the West Was Won smile box version is jaw dropping beautiful.

Eddie W.

Stunt Coordinator
Psycho. I've seen this movie on scratchy old late night movie prints, VHS, laserdisc, etc. But watching it on Blu Ray is astonishing. Every frame has the depth & clarity of a Life magazine photograph.

Apocalypse Now is a close second.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Wow, a whole 22 inches for your backyard??? Reminds me of This Is Spinal Tap and the replica of Stonehenge.

Originally Posted by mattCR

...when we setup our backyard theater (a nice 22" blowup screen) it looks SENSATIONAL in the backyard coming off a projector...

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
For me, it's definitely The Ten Commandments, along with The Sound of Music, How the West was Won and Gone With the Wind. For black and white, I love the Casablanca BluRay.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by Mark-P

Wow, a whole 22 inches for your backyard??? Reminds me of This Is Spinal Tap and the replica of Stonehenge.

Dang typo.. no, more like 22 feet. I'll post some pictures sometime. The kids want to do a movie night before the end of the school year, we'll see..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks