What's new

What is the STRANGEST thing you've seen people do while they are driving? (1 Viewer)

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor
I know a lady that had a pepper spray self-defense device with instructions to test it monthly. While driving down a crowded street during rush hour traffic she rolled down the window for a test spray.

Unfortunately for her the spray was aimed at her face instead of out the window! With burning eyes and almost blind, she barely made it to the side of the road without hitting someone.

Ron Etaylor

Second Unit
I worked for a guy that like to read while on the road. I'm talking paperback novel reading. He is otherwise a pretty smart guy, and a damn good boss.

A

Andrew_A_Paul

I saw a guy driving down the interstate pulling a small 2 wheel cart that you would pull a lawnmower or ATV on. Only one problem; there was no right tire on the cart. Sparks were flying everywhere.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I was driving behind this big truck that was carrying a bunch of junk and bits and pieces kept falling out the back. Luckily I saw it in time, but I almost ran into the sink that fell off the truck. :eek:

I know there's a "Everything, AND the Kitchen Sink!" story in there somewhere.

Another time, I was on the highway behind a landscaping truck (that was pulling a cart). The truck hit a big bump in the road and this hedge clipper flew up in the air and off the back of the truck. Luckily the cart was behind the truck (where it finally landed) or else that piece of lawn equipment would have either landed in the road in front of me or my hood!

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
this one time along a dark 2 lane highway in montana at like 2am, I saw a (presumeably drunk) dude pushing a lawn mower along the white stripe on the right edge, in the middle of nowhere!

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
Philip's post reminded me of the worst traffic jam I have ever been stuck in... about 15 years ago on the westbound 101 freeway through the San Fernando Valley, traffic was at a crawl. After quite some time, I passed the culprit... a homeless person was pushing his fully-loaded shopping cart right down the middle of the #3 lane. I have no idea why the police weren't there long before I was to remove him...

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
I was driving behind this big truck that was carrying a bunch of junk and bits and pieces kept falling out the back. Luckily I saw it in time, but I almost ran into the sink that fell off the truck.
I was following a large commercial truck (dump truck of sorts) that was FULL of scrap metal. A rather large piece of steel beam was sticking out of the center of the mess and hanging over the sidewalk. I followed this guy for several miles as that beam unearthed half a dozen mailboxes that were mounted on poles next to the sidewalk! The truck and it's load were so big and heavy, it was just tearing them out of the ground like they were toothpicks without so much as budging the load!

I called 911. Not sure if they did anything, as I had to turn shortly thereafter, but could you imagine if someone would have been walking down that sidewalk? It would have killed them for sure.

Bill Cowmeadow

Second Unit
While stopped at an intersection two police cars passed in front of me at about 80+ MPH. the first police officer was a male, the second was a female officer who, as she went by, I noticed was leaning over to see herself in the rearview mirror brushing her hair.

TimDoss

Second Unit
The strangest thing I've ever seen on the freeway was a
guy wearing a full suit of armor riding a motorcycle...
it was just me and him on the road, kinda creepy.

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
Maybe we're assholes, but that's what you get for being lame enough to make out in the parking lot at the Avenue (the lame strip-mall-type place where the theater is).
:D Call me lame enough. I once worked at a Wal-Mart and there was this red head chick that worked there, and uhhh never mind.:D :D

Just think Steve Winwood's "When You See a Chance.."

TimDoss

Second Unit
If I didn't know any better, and I don't, I would think
you're making fun of me.... no there was no dragon on
a motorcycle... the dragon was driving a convertible,
I think it was an old t-bird. He was this really strange
color of green that I'd never seen before, can't even begin
to describe it. The car was red, and you could tell by the
way it was riding that the suspension wasn't built for that
kind of weight. Stupid dragon. Not to mention all the paint
burnt off the hood from him breathing fire. I think the
knight was trying to rescue this lady that was being pushed
along in some shopping cart looking thing by this real dirty
looking character with cardboard signs asking for money in
return for work... what kind of work he did, I don't know.
But the lady didn't look too happy. I can only assume that
she was being held captive by this odd work requesting man.
I didn't hang around long enough to see what happened next,
my beer can was empty and I was still thirsty, and by the
time I got back on the freeway after stopping at the gas and sip they were no where to be seen.

Chris Moe

Screenwriter
Minor curiousity: why do smokers insist on hanging their arms out the window with the cigarette? If they enjoy the smoke so much, why not intensify the experience and roll the windows up to retain all the "goodness"?
So that the car doesn't reek of cigarette smoke and to keep the stray ashes out of the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks