What's new

What is the status on IT Crowd Season 1 - North America? (1 Viewer)

Stephen Heath

Stunt Coordinator
It had a release date of early September, 2007. I placed the order with Amazon but it had a late October delivery date, which got bumped to November 12, and now today it has gotten bumped to December 12th on my order.. but if I go to the Amazon page for the DVD it says they have none and have no idea when, if ever, they will get it in.

I don't have region free players or anything so can't use the UK version, and most other places don't even list the item. Does anyone know if it has just been delayed or has it been cancelled?

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I assume they're waiting until the American version premieres on NBC. I believe that's supposed to be early next year, but now with the writers' strike that may change.

Stephen Heath

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Dave... I can't believe I missed it since I check your site every few days!

That's really annoying though... nothing like being delayed for years in the hopes they can make a few more sales... what would be wrong with selling it to the people that want it now and then pushing it out again when the show actually premiers (if it ever does).

Battlestar Gallactica seems to be doing the same thing *grumble*.

David Levine

Supporting Actor

The problem is retailers were not as eager to take the product without a "tie-in" - either the NBC version or the original being broadcast on an American cable station. It's still a very unknown property to most Americans.

And retailers are a funny animal. If we ship a minimal amount and it doesn't do that well, they are going to be unlikely to order as heavily as they should when/if the show does become more relevant. So it really becomes a lose/lose situation to put it out too soon.

With a February release, we'll have a better idea if the NBC show is going forward and if the original will be broadcast here. Plus it gives us more time to promote and advertise it.

It's definitely coming out - I've already got my copies of it. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks