What's new

What is the one show you think has been ignored that should be released on DVD? (1 Viewer)

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
The Addams Family - I'm quite surprised that whomever holds the rights to this didn't try to ride on the coat-tails of the Munsters release. This is the only classic TV show that I am still waiting for a release of.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

This hasn't been totally neglected, though given its long run (14 years), it clearly deserves better. Artisan released an official 2-disc, 8-episode set in 2003 that included episodes that were not part of the numerous public domain releases. In terms of the public domain releases, there are 31 episodes from 1959 and 1960 that can be found on various labels. Arguably the best of the PD releases is Brentwood's 5-disc, 20-episode set which has decent visual quality and, surprisingly, retains the original theme music.

Geo Gabor

Stunt Coordinator
Since so many people have mentioned Batman, I won't bother echoing that same sentiment.

Instead, I'll mention seasons 2, 3, 4, etc. of Barney Miller. C'mon - season 1 was released a couple of years ago. Since then: nuthin. :angry:

Jon_Gu

Stunt Coordinator
In no particular order...

BJ & the Bear
The Misadventures of Sheriff Lobo
Matlock
The Fall Guy
Riptide
The 6 Million Dollar Man
The Bionic Woman
Chips
Third Watch - at least the early years
Rescue 77 (8 Episodes in 1999)
Simon & Simon
Mannix
Matt Houston
Jake & the Fatman
Family Ties
Batman
The Odd Couple

...and I'm sure there are many more if I take a few minutes to think about it... :D

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Donna Reed Show.

I think it's the only show that isn't released yet that appeared in the General Mills cereal offer. I keep watching those same 2 episodes over and over...

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
You got it, Jon. Great list...I see several of the ones I'm waiting for :D

Echo "The Fugitive". One of the all-time classics. Figure it has to make it sooner or later.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Rhoda, Six Million Dollar Man, Room 222, Love American Style, Vegas, Chips, The Bionic Woman, and The Courtship of Eddie's Father.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
"Tiny Toon Adventures".

I can finally knock "Animaniacs" and "Pinky And The Brain" off my list this year, but this is the one that started it all. I watched every episode of the show back when it was on, and I watched reruns of the show back when it was on Nicktoons TV from 2003-2004. I still found the episodes hilarious, even though they were edited for time and content.

I hope we'll see this on DVD within the next several years, and hopefully with lots of extras. A lot of the creative talents involved with the show are anywhere from their late-40s to their mid-50s now, so they are getting up there and it would be best to get participation from them before anything happens.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Sorry for the nihilism, but on a lighter note, I would like to see "Freakazoid!" come to DVD as well.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

OUCH! That smarts! You whippersnapper, you!

Profile For John Kilduff

Birthday December 22, 1982

Oh. THAT explains it. :D I've got neckties older than you!

I oughta make a trip down to the Mid-Hudson just to give you a Dr. Craig head butt! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks