What's new

What is a good CD mini system (1 Viewer)

Reid K

Stunt Coordinator
Well my old one in my room died so I need to replace that now. For my b-day ill get around 300$ canadian and was wondering what a good one tto look into would be. Right now iam thinking of the JVC MX-GT700 Mini System. Any comments on that or another system would be great.

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
My desktop system just died, and I bought a Panasonic SA-PM18 for $150US, including California state sales tax of 8.25%. I'm pleased with the sound and convenience.

Some caveats about this system, though: the speakers are bi-amped and bi-wired, so using existing (and possibly better) speakers doesn't work. There's some kind of EQ built into the system that makes other speakers sound awful.

Also, it's pretty skimpy on sound controls. No treble or bass adjustment, only a selection of three EQ settings (plus "off"). Not even a balance control.

You do get a 5-CD changer up front, where it's easy to reach, with the tape deck (which I seldom use) on top. I preferred the sound over comparably-priced Sonys.

In all, I'd say, "Give the Panasonics a look and a listen."

Jan

Mark_E_Smith

Second Unit
I bought a Sharp mini CD stereo sytem for my daughter. Has a 3 cd changer, Tuner and Cassett player. Best of all it has an aux input for stereo like a tv and a sub out. all for $120. american. Speakers sounded the best of the lot, except for a yamaha that was $400.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks