What's new

What if Randy Newman did the theme to Lord of the Rings... (1 Viewer)

Seth G

Stunt Coordinator
Short background on this piece:

This song was performed by a duo called Paul and Storm during the Bob and Tom Radio Show on January 19, 2005. Paul and Storm were previously in the band Da Vinci’s Notebook. Anyway, this is their take on what the Lord of the Rings theme song would sound like if performed by Randy Newman of Toy Story fame.

Paul and Storm - LOTR Theme

And if someone could be so kind as to help host this, I fear my geocities bandwidth might not be sufficient.

Enjoy!

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
Fun stuff. Maybe PJ can recruit these guys if he ever does 'The Hobbit.' Randy Newman might actually be a good casting choice as Bilbo Baggins.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
A cute song, and a pretty good parody of Randy Newman. However, it would have been better without Bob and Tom's "laugh track."

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Given that I think the only bad thing Pixar have ever done is let Randy 'one song' Newman anywhere near their products, I loved this.

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
:D LOL!

Did anyone catch Will Sasso's awesome Randy Newman parody on Mad TV a couple of years ago? It was also spot-on, and had me rolling! As did his impersonation in Family Guy's nuclear Twinkie episode (Da Boom). "Left foot, right foot, left foot, right foot...". :D

Adam

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
(Randy)-Fat man with and his kids and dog.
Drove in through the morning fog.
Hey there Rover, come on over...

(Lois - "Well its nice to have a little music while we eat.")

(Randy)-Red headed lady, Reaching for an apple.
Gonna take a bite...nope...nope.
She gonna breathe on it first, wipe it on her blouse.
She takes a bite.
Chews it once, twice, three times, four times, stops!
Saliva workin', takes a hard long look at Randy...
five times.
Fat old husband walking over.

(Lois - "Let's get the hell out of here!")

(Randy)-Yeah, They're walking down the road
Left foot, Right foot
Left foot, Right foot
Left foot...(SMACK!!)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray

You beat me to it Dave, I have grown quite sick of the forced over the top laughter in their shows anymore, it often times ruins the humor they are supposedly trying to deliver. Everyone I know who has followed the show feels the same way.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately it's been their MO for 25 years almost.

The only thing I'm not so fond of with them now is how generic a lot of their show became once it got major syndication (they avoid Indy references quite a bit for example). It was much fresher back in the late 80's when guys like Jay Baker and Mark Patrick were part of the show and in their prime.

Of course one positive they have always brought is an ability to bring in top comedic talent, plus some solid musical connections. And Bob has a good singing voice as well.

Still its weird for an Indy lifer to hear people in other major cities talking about their show.

Dennis Pagoulatos

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dennis
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :D

Just kidding, yeah that was sorta lame funny morning zoo type humor. But the "laugh track" really does kill it. It just reminds me how dead radio is...

-Dennis

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks