What's new

What if a mosquito bit a drunk person? (1 Viewer)

Blu

Screenwriter
If a mosquito bit a very very drunk person would the mosquito die or be dead drunk?
Can insects get drunk?

mark alan

Supporting Actor
I don't know, but if you blow cigarette smoke under a glass with a fly, it dies almost immediately.

Makes you think, huh?

StephenA

Screenwriter
I have no idea if they get drunk. I wouldn't be surprised if they do though. I'm also glad that it's only the females who bite. I'd hate to be bitten by the males, because they're big and creepy looking.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
What if a vampire bit a drunk person? Always wondered about that...

Blu

Screenwriter
Well my theory was that if just a few ounces of alcohol could stagger a full grown man it should kill a mosquito.
Had quite the raging debate at work about this with one position saying that a insect probably wouldn't be effected by alcohol.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
What if a vampire bit a drunk person? Always wondered about that...
Actually that was addressed on Angel this season. They came across a den full of stoners who let vamps suck on them in exchange for free drugs. Apparently it acts as a filter and juices the high for both parties.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Might be wrong, but I read a long time ago that flies (or some other insect) get drunk from the fermentation of rotten fruits.

I did say a long time ago.

--
H

Armando Zamora

Second Unit
Real Name
aromaz odnamra

Won't know the answer until you make the mosquito take a field breathalyzer after biting a drunk person. Slap it with an FWI and a night in a no-moisture, brightly-lit, deet-lined cell if it blows a BAC greater than .08%.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
What if a mosquito bit a silica packet? Would the packet suck the mosquito dry?

;)

Andrej Dolenc

Stunt Coordinator
I think insects can get drunk. My folks took me out for a nice lunch when I visited them, outdoor seating near a lake. After finishing my food, I noticed there was a fly in my wine. So I fish this fly out, it ends up on the plate. First it staggers around, then it starts walking up the knife upside-down. Makes it a little way then just falls off the knife and falls onto the plate. Funniest thing I'd seen in a long time.

Certainly seemed like it was drunk!

Andrej

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
The mosquito would wake up the next morning lying next to a less than attractive mosquito trying to remember exactly what happened the night before. Then it would try to fly away without waking the other mosquito.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks