What's new

What happened with Artie Lang? (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
My friend listens to the Howard Stern show frequently, and today he caught the end of the show and heard Artie Lang quit. Does anyone know what happened to cause this?

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
He was busting on his assistant Teddy for being a bad assistant. It all seemed in good fun, then all of a sudden Artie just lost it and apparently bull-rushed toward him. I believe it was stopped. Artie did say something about resigning, but it's unclear what the final outcome will be. Howard and Robin were clearly distraught the rest of the show (poor Jason Reitman who came in for an interview immediately after).

What I find odd is that they didn't replay the show at all on 100 (the played a show from earlier in the week), and howardstern.com has not been updated to reflect anything that happened on the Thursday show.

The best part is Artie, Teddy, and a bunch of other people from the show were supposed to be flying out to Amsterdam tonight.

DaveMcS

Second Unit
some listeners are wondering whther this was some sort of a bit to keep people "tuned in" over the upcoming vacation week and are tuned in first thing Monday 4/21 for the first live show after the big blowout.

I think it was real with a lot of factors weighing in on Artie's reaction, nt just Teddy!

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I'm listening to Jay Thomas right now and Jason called in from Amsterdam. He says both Teddy and Artie are there but he has not seen Artie yet.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Ya think!?

Let's see, he's a coke, herion, booze and gambling addict not to mention he's pretty much morbidly obese.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Yeah it was a great show:)

Artie actually carried Benji like he was nothing, and Benji needed 2 others to stop Artie

Artie resigned on the spot and Howard accepted.

Tessy actually thinks he has a right to speak to Artie like they are equals when Artie is his boss.

Teddy owes Artie $8000 and decided that it was more important to go to Amsterdam than try to pay Artie back.

It was wild:)

Brent

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

A bit? They're on satellite, subs are king and ratings mean next to nothing. I heard it, it was not a bit. Besides, contrary to what you hear from the "my brother's best friend's uncle's sister was an intern on Booger's show back in '98 and she says every fight is staged" types, the Stern show was never one to stage a hacky bit like that.

PS - Here's a link to the audio:Audio: Listen to Artie attack Teddy and resign from Stern Show - Orbitcast.com

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Robin called into the Jay Thomas show earlier and when they asked about it she said she couldn't comment on it. My prediction is Artie will be off the show for while, but will come back (assuming he even wants to). Sirius will probably make him do anger management or something. Of course, with how stubborn Artie is, that would be enough for him to walk away forever.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
It's sad. He has probably the greatest job on the face of the planet(besides Howard) and he may lose it for good!

If he wasn't happy with Teddy, simple: Fire him on the spot, and start from scratch. I know that's not the only issue. Right now he needs someone who cares very deeply for him to help get him through his bad time, and the two biggest changes he needs to face:

1. Rehab
2. Diet

SDRANGER619

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Edgar
This is totally not a bit. Artie has some major demons inside and unfortuantely they came out in a bad way. I hope Artie gets some help and comes back to the show (if he's allowed to).

It was a wild day everyone from the Howard Staff to the BTLS staff was in awe.

The official word about it not being replayed was basically for artie's sake and for Howard to review the tape next week (they're on vacation). The west coast feed was replayed (once) because since it starts while the live show is currently on the air, somehow they can't pull it. The replays that are on the rest of the day are basically burned DVDs. That's the info I got from hearing the Superfan Rountable last night.

Dang, I guess i'm a fan ehh? lol

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Jeez, I've been a fan for over 20 years and even I can't listen to the Screamingfan Roundtable. Anything that features Joey Boots as an authority is nails on a chalkboard to me. I'd rather listen to a continuous tape loop of conversation between Marianne From Brooklyn and Riley's pet parrot. :eek:

SDRANGER619

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Edgar
HAHA I totally agree. I can't stand joey either. But with all that happened yesterday everyone was talking about it. They had some good info. High Pitch Eric and Beetlejuice were the guests, it was a decent show.

:emoji_thumbsup:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
do the shows air on howard tv?
i used to listen to his show but it has been about a year, they used to air the shows on HTV later on.

when would this specific show apppear on HTV?

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
They mentioned that it's on hold for right now. I'm sure it will air eventually.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

They didn't even air H100 replay, it was that harsh. I wouldn't look for it on HTV anytime soon.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Watch Beer League.

I heard that Artie gained a lot of the weight after he kicked heroin. Is he still on the stuff?

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
With the amount of weight he gained since kicking it, I doubt he's on it. But who knows. The dude's a mess.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
he just eats a lot of foods with high sugar content, lot's of soda.

he started gaining weight after he broke up with dana

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Heroin addicts aren't necessaily thin. If they have the income, they often consume a lot of sugar and chocolate, which have a similar endorphin rush as the drug of choice. Eric Clapton blew up to 250+ lbs during his heroin hazed Derek and The Dominos days because he ate nothing but chocolate.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks