What happened on Friends 5-8-03?

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by LarryDavenport, May 9, 2003.

1. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

My vcr screwed up again and didn't tape Friends. Can someone do a recap?

2. Barry Woodward

Barry Woodward Second Unit

The One With The Donor

Disappointed to learn that they cannot conceive naturally, Monica and Chandler mull their options. When Chandler brings home a handsome, unknowing co-worker, Zack(John Stamos), for dinner, Monica and Chandler embarassingly "interview" him as a potential sperm donor. Meanwhile, while shopping with Phoebe, Rachel confides that she is enamored with Joey. Unfortunately, Joey's current girlfriend, Charlie(Aisha Tyler), overhears. Ross must convince the head of the Paleontology convention to book him as a key-note speaker. Phoebe encounters her scientist ex-boyfriend, David(Hank Azaria) who is permanently back from Minsk.

Source:

http://www2.warnerbros.com/friendstv/container.html

3. Trenton McNeil

Trenton McNeil Second Unit

I am ashamed to admit that I watched it. Rachel and Joey are the only two likeable characters left on that show.

Phoebe - Looks too old now, and the 'ditzy' thing is overplayed.

Monica - went from humorously fastidious to absurdly neurotic and obsessive. Not funny, OR believable.

Chandler - went from funny main character to annoying wretch. Out of place and obnoxiously spineless.

Ross - do I have to say anything? He was never good. Now he's terrible.

4. John Thomas

John Thomas Cinematographer

Phoebe was attractive in that black dress though.

But you're right, just about every character has become too over the top. The most noteworthy(?) is Monica and Ross. Jiminy Christmas, can't they come up with -something- for these characters to be about? Nah, Ross is just a blabbering idiot and NEVER does anything for me to either like him or at least identify with. Monica and her obsessive compulsion for clean/neat..that's just way, way old and tired.

But I do watch it. Joey is the saving grace of the show.

5. Ricardo C

Ricardo C Producer

The people who wish Seinfeld was still on the air, should look at Friends as an example of how a show becomes a caricature of itself when it's on the air for too long.

6. andrew markworthy

Amen to that, Ricardo. The same can also be said of The Simpsons, I fear.

7. MickeS

MickeS Producer

That summary forgets to mention that Charlie mistakenly thinks Phoebe is the one who has a crush on Joey, not Rachel.