What Film Is This? (TCM Montage Question)

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Jason_Els, Nov 25, 2004.

1. Jason_Els

Jason_Els Screenwriter

I'm astonished by how good the promo trailers are for Turner Classic Movies. The latest, Lonesome Tears, is just phenomenal. If people at TCM read this forum then congratulations on a stunning video.

If you watch TCM you can't miss the trailer but my question has to do with a clip in the montage itself. Between the shot of a ruby-red sky showing a woman running away from the camera and a figure standing next to her and some shots of a pilgrim woman (I assume Priscilla Alden) looking through a window into the rain, there's a shot of a stunning actress who looks like Hedy Lamarr but I can't be sure. It appears to be a silent movie but since most of the shots in the montage are done in a sepia-like tint it's hard to tell. The woman is crying, wearing a simple A-line dress and slowly raises her head to look at the camera. I want to know what film that clip is from.

I know this isn't much to go by but I think I've fallen in love and would very much like to see the movie that shot is in. Whoever that woman is, she can act!

Thanks!