What's new

What Ever Happened To Baby Jane? - S.e.?????? (1 Viewer)

Claude North

Second Unit
Anyone know if Warners is planning a Special Edition for this movie? I know that it is already available on DVD, but considering that it is the only on-screen pairing of two Hollywood legends (and what legends!), it's a great choice for the deluxe treatment.

Perhaps they could include a commentary track featuring B.D. Hyman and Christina Crawford.

RafaelPires

Supporting Actor
I think that first we need more Davis and Crawford's individuals eforts on dvd. After we have the likes of Dangerous, All this and Heaven too, Juarez, The Great Lie, The Old Maid, The Bride Came COD, The Man who came to dinner, restored copies of Jezebel and Dark Victory as well as Sadie McKee, A Woman's face, The Shining Hour, Mannequin, When Ladies Meet, No more ladies, Chained, Humoresque, Possessed...then maybe WB may think of a SE for Whatever Happened to Baby Jane. Anyway, that's my guess.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
blast from the past!

Digging up more old yet relevant topics... I just watched the current DVD and it's screaming for a reissue w/ commentary and production-related extras. This film desperately needs to be given a Special Edition.

Who's with me?

Richard M S

Screenwriter
"Perhaps they could include a commentary track featuring B.D. Hyman and Christina Crawford."

Oh my but that is such an appropriatly evil idea, I would pay big bucks for that one.

TonyDale

Second Unit
And, not all that far off the mark, as B. D. Hyman plays Anna Lee's daughter in the film AND recorded the title song (heard only instrumentally in the film).

TonyDale

Second Unit
Well, if we're throwing in extras, how about Hal Hackady's score for the musical version which played in Houston and starred Millicent Martin?

Claude North

Second Unit
Well, the description of the R2 S.E. has certainly whetted my appetite. Let's hope that a(n) R1 release is in the works.

Miguel M Santos

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Miguel M Santos
This DVD was rumoured earlier in the year for the UK and either the Netherlands or Belgium. Other than that, there hasn't been a word from WB UK, and they have announced releases as far as September. I would say that it is quite likely that it has been postponed.

Although, it should be added, that's the day they are releasing the the UK versions of the Bette Davis and the Joan Crawford Collections - but again, the press release said nothing about Baby Jane.

Miguel M Santos

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Miguel M Santos
Play.com has it for UK release now on the 26th June 2006 here, though I wouldn't hold my breath as this was rumoured to come out last year as well (the same link that Alistair_M posted).

Still on Bette Davis, any news on the Anchor Bay release of "The Anniversary"?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks