What else can I do with my 2 Blueprint 1804s ?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by James W. Johnson, Jan 28, 2005.

1. James W. Johnson

James W. Johnson Screenwriter

Ok so I rent my place and I am very much considering moving out after 4 years of renting.

The landlord probably ain't gonna want an IB subwoofer so I need to yank the drivers and repair the wall which is no biggie but it needs to be done if I do decide to move for sure.

Anyways I am having a hard time selling these drivers so I guess I might try and use them if possible.

But what in the hell can I do with these pigs in a reasonably sized cabinet, say under 4'x 2'x2' ?

I have a QSC 1850HD so only 600 watts per driver which isn't really alot for these because they can take all of it in the IB set-up.

I know my best bet is to just get rid of them and go with a pair of Tempests but I gotta tell you that its been really nice having drivers that never bottom , or at least I never hear them doing it. [​IMG]

2. ThomasW

ThomasW Cinematographer

You could put them in an overly small sealed box; then use a Linkwitz transform circuit, to fake them into performing like the box was much bigger.

You would need an amp with higher power to do that.

3. Jason Garver

Jason Garver Stunt Coordinator

Will another IB setup be unfeasable when you move? If they performed well for you in the past in an IB I see no reason not to do it again.

4. GrahamT

GrahamT Supporting Actor

And if you can't do and IB or LT maybe an isobaric configuration might work.

5. Robert_Gaither

Robert_Gaither Screenwriter

Sounds like one for the vehicle and one for the home (thus bridge the QSC and use LT).

6. stephanX

stephanX Stunt Coordinator

Give one to me! problem solved[​IMG]

I vote for the IB again, or alternately a ported box? no one mentioned this but ported would work very well.

7. James W. Johnson

James W. Johnson Screenwriter

I love my IB but it creates so much bass that its impossible to keep it away from the neighbors..as it is now my entire house is a subwoofer. [​IMG] Not that there is anything wrong with this but when I play a movie @ reference volumes everyone on my street knows about it.

Id like to be able to keep it down to 1 or 2 houses on either side of me. [​IMG]

I guess I will either keep one driver or sell them both, the 1850HD's fan is louder than hell too so I have had urges to sell it as well even though its outside of my HT now so its a non-issue.

Or I might just say fvck it and keep the IB and everything as it is....in fact right now this is about where I am at.
    There is a good chance I am going to stay here another year..I am asking for a raise at work and if it goes thru then I am staying.

8. John Wes

John Wes Stunt Coordinator

If your still interested in selling them, PM me a price. I might be interested...

9. Tom-K

Tom-K Stunt Coordinator

Same here James, I might be interested in those also. How much are you asking for them?