What else are we going to see live on the internet?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Frank Anderson, Sep 9, 2001.

1. Frank Anderson

Frank Anderson Cinematographer

I really don't know what to say about this. I have lots of ranges of emotions going through me. Everything from Amazement to disgust. I can understand why this guy is doing this (don't agree) but it would seem to me that there should be a better way.
    What I am talking about is Paul Morgan of Biloxi Mississippi is going to cut off both his feet live on the internet. His feet are non-functional because of an automobile accident, and he wants hydraulically operated prostheses and this is the only way he knows to raise the $200,000 to buy them.
    This was also not your normal auto accident

2. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Ugh! I love free speech as much as the next guy but I think that should be illegal. Imagine if you charged strangers money to come into your house so they could watch you sever yourself. I'm sure the police would jump on that!
    It IS a touchy subject, but what Paul is doing is definitely not the right answer.

3. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

Why is it not the right answer? Is he endangering anyone else? He is making a clear decision of what he wants to do to himself and I think he has every right to make that decision and carry it out. I won't watch. You don't have to either. But, it's not your or my or the governments job to dictate what a person can do to harm themselves, as long as that act doesn't endanger other people. Is it sick? Is it wrong? Is it stupid? Nope. It's just different.
    Bruce
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

4. Frank Anderson

I would think there is some sort of law about self mutilation. Granted people have forked their tongues and stuff but this is a little extreme. I just hope that if he is allowed to do it that there will be doctors or at least EMT's on hand.
    Frank
    ------------------
    [​IMG]http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Nightdog&acceptadult=true

5. Brian Perry

Brian Perry Cinematographer

6. Deane Johnson

Deane Johnson Supporting Actor

Assuming of course that they are disease free.
    Deane
    [Edited last by Deane Johnson on September 10, 2001 at 08:40 AM]

7. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    One could also make the same argument for suicide also. Not that I am against the guy but I certainly wouldn't be paying to see anything like that on the internet and that's just my choice, but it isn't completely as clear cut as saying that there's no harm done to anybody else. A mental illness is still an illness and I know alot of people are fighting for the same patient rights for mental illnesses as for when say Johnny breaks a leg.
    Jay
    ------------------
    HUGBEES! My Equipment List
    Rider in the 2001 Alaska AIDS Vaccine Ride
    Wanna help?

8. Frank Anderson

It still looks like he hasn't found enough morbid people interested in seeing him do it.
    Frank

9. John-D

John-D Stunt Coordinator