What's new

What Electronics are YOU Interested In? (1 Viewer)

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Along Chris' line above, what about the possibility of GotApex doing a bulk purchase for some products that we know are being rebadged here in the states? For example, some of the various amps and speakers from RedRose would pique some interest I'd think.
It'd put you a bit on a limb, but I've a feeling this limb is quite strong especially when one considers the markups.

Eric Sellers

Auditioning
Separates (amp/pre-amp). This is my first post as I am new to this group so if the rest of this post belongs elsewhere I apologize. Right now I'm running an Integra (nice word for Onkyo) DTR 5.1 through Paradigm 100's (front), Studio Center, and Studio 20's in back. I've just ordered M&K S-150's to replace the Paradigms because I wanted more detailed sound. Paradigms are nice speakers but not as nice as some would have you believe. My CD/DVD/SACD player is the Sony 9000es (I also have a Sony multi-channel SACD player-which I strongly recommend if for no other reason to hear Dark Side of the Moon). I have a Sony XBR 36 inch digital TV. I'm certain I will be happy with the M&K's for a while but I very much want to upgrade my receiver. Ideally, I want separates if I can get away under $6,000 for the set (through this forum, ebay or audiogon). The brands I have in mind are Krell, Bryston, Proceed, Lexicon, Sunfire, Parasound Halo, and a few others. I'm also considering the Denon 5803, Pioneer VSX49 and B&K 507. There are no local merchants that carry more than one of the above referenced lines of separates, and even if they did I wouldn't feel comfortable demoing them on other speakers. I want any and all opinions on how to upgrade the heart of my HT. I want impeccable 2 channel sound and excellent decoding (preferably with a 7.1 option). I've listened to the Krell and Sunfire, both of which are excellent and beautiful. I'm willing to spend the dough but want to have equipment that wont be obsolete in a year (as my 5.1 is now). I'm running everything through a Monster Power 5100. A few people have told me that Panamax makes a better conditioner (salesmen). I am obsessed with audio/video gear and have horrible upgrade-itis. I was quite glad to find this forum and hopefully someone can help me choose the right amp/pre or receiver. Any and all opinions welcomed. I have a ton of opinions on the Paradigms, the Sony 9000es (a wonderful machine), the Sony 36 inch XBR (picture tube going out about two-three months after 1 year warranty. I've also owned quite a bit of Denon eqipment. So all you "go big or go home" guys give me your input on the quality, options, or reasons why a person would stick with say, a Denon 5803 rather than separates. Thanks in advance. If you wish to discuss over the phone email me and I'll give you my office address.

Eric Sellers
[email protected]

Doro

Agent
Perhaps specific dealer mentions for the ES line for SOny. No mention AT ALL for lower end, its not worth it. Sony ES is top grade and should be given more respect than it normally receives. Its just happenstance that Sony also makes one of the highest selling "low end" lines, don't knock ES owners. We are a happy bunch :)

Joel X

Stunt Coordinator
My list of three...

1. I have noticed HK two channel amps listed from time to time, it would be nice if there was more attention on separate amps of reasonable quality, small or large.

2. Monitor prices have taken a nose dive and have opened the door to the multi-monitor experience in a big way. I think that some attention is in order with regards to PCI cards that can be added to the computer for more displays. I have my bedroom setup with three monitors and am looking forward to recreating this at work or for friends... More deals with monitors (smallish, cheapish, for ancillary use) and PCI cards to go along would be great.

3. Home theater furniture. Recliners both fat and plush, and sleeker modern designs but always with an eye on comfort.

Thanks for the effort, great site.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks