What's new

What does pixelation exactly means? (1 Viewer)

Hi every one

I’ve heard some people referring to pixelation in their DVD players, can you tell me what does this mean?

Rick_Brown

Second Unit
It looks like the picture is disintegrating into its individual data bits on the screen. It can be as little as just a few tiny dots or it can be so bad as to be completely unwatchable.

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
Pixellation -- Incorrect stuff, streaks, etc., one of the results when the DVD player's processing is not powerful enough to keep up with the data coming off the disk and maintaining the 480i video output (for progressive playhers, the problem mioght be in the deinterlacer instead).

The least obtrusive thing to do is resolve the picture down to 2x2 pixel blocks or even 4x4 or 8x8 blocks and then work on the details within these blocks and leave the details in moving subject matter to last. If there is not enough time, the processing starts on the next frame leaving unfinished 8x8 blocks of pixels of the same color here and there in the previous frame. If you look closely, a video system with the problem somewhere within will reveal these checkerboard patterns of "oversized pixels" here and there.

Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks