What's new

What does everyone think of their Grease DVD's ? (1 Viewer)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
but what really cracked me up was where they hid the black security tab. They put it inside the slipcover!
But that's a lot better place than a lot of other locations on the cardboard I can think of, I'm sure you'll concur. :) (My SNF is the same way. Tag stuck up in the bowels of the slipcase. Good luck removing that without mangling the cardboard! :))

Lee_eel

Second Unit
does anyone know for sure that there will be a 2004 special edition of Grease or is it just guesswork?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
DVDFile had an interview with the film's director when the first DVD was released, and he stated that work had already begun on a 2004 anniversary edition...including a commentary from him.

I'm sure the link is somewhere around the HTF, but I'm not gonna bother to do a search.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Grease DVD: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
Why?
Mine looks just fine.
Ron E., in his review, thought so as well.
What's supposedly so terrible about the current transfer? *
* = Could have read through every post in this thread; decided to get a "2003" view of it instead, indicating laziness.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
Q: Now, I'm a bit surprised there is no commentary or bonus features on the new DVD that weren't on the previous 20th Anniversary Edition laserdisc from a few years back. Would you have liked to record a commentary or other new extras for the new DVD?
A: There are plans to record a commentary on another version to be released in 2004.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
What's supposedly so terrible about the current transfer? *
I wouldn't say it's terrible, but not as good looking as it should be. There is definitely noise and compression artifacts in the picture. Hopefully, this will be corrected with the next version.

Tom Oh

Second Unit
The film is enjoyable and still fun after all these years. My wife loves it and that's good enough for me.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I enjoy Grease, and it is 1 DVD I will double dip on in all likelyhood. This is too big a movie not to have a special edition, given its popularity around the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks