What's new

what does cocaine taste like? (2 Viewers)

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
As others have said real coke is supposed to numb the tongue. I guess the purer the coke the faster the numbing affect.

On a related note, I've never really understood the fascination let alone the addiction to coke. I guess I just don't have an addictive personality(thank god). Having my nasil passages and the back of my throat go all numb isn't my idea of a good time. Glad to say I just never got the allure of this one.

Jack Shappa

Second Unit
This one belongs in the movie cliche thread! :)

And remember, for the cocaine test to work properly, only taste with the pinky finger!

- Jack

Jack Fanning

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Fanning

Gotta be honest here, I can sure see the allure...it's just so damn fun to do! Gets old fast though.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member

They forgot the most famous "caine" of all, "iocaine". Of course a little dab of that will do a lot more than numb your tounge. :D

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
The allure of cocaine eluded me for sure. I mean alcohol, weed, speed and perhaps another drug or two I was able to grasp the concept of. But cocaine? I was like what the fuck is so good about this shit? Maybe I just had bunk trash which was like 5% pure coca and 95% garbage which is why I never really got it.

Not to say I'm complaining, mind you. But feeling like a numb zombie doesn't turn me on. "Dude I just did a fat rail and I feel shit". Great. :thumbsdown:

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
It tastes like soap.

jk, You ever see cop shows where guys have small bags of soap in their pockets trying to rip ppl off?

Oh, and I think I'm still afraid to smell heroine after watching pulp fiction.

Kristine Ha

Auditioning

" ... You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian, when *death* is on the line."

Sorry, it welled up inside me and had to be released into the world ...

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
I personally can't stand the way cocaine tastes. However, it certainly does have a nice aroma to it and most folks obviously enjoy the smell.

Jack Fanning

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Fanning

Maybe we're talking about two different drugs, cuz that surely ain't the effect it had on me :laugh:

Cocaine makes you (me anyway) deliriously high like you're 10 foot tall and bulletproof....which is probably why so many people get into trouble with it.

I hope my mom doesn't start reading HTF :eek:

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member

I've been told by reliable sources that this is true. Gary, maybe it wasn't cocaine - Ajax maybe? :eek:

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
or believe anything you see in the movies. :D

Movie Cliches: The cops chases the criminal down the street with his gun in one hand, shooting at the criminal as he runs. The cop then makes an excellent shot in the guys chest. The criminal falls and a mysterious bag falls out of his pocket. The cop opens the bag and tastes the white powder. "Cocaine!?" He gasps. Since the criminal was killed, they have to draw the chalk outline around the body for the forensic crew to investigate the scene.

;)

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
*sniff* Iocaine! I'd stake my life on it! :laugh:

Okay... I can provide some info/history on this one. I happen to have a comprehensive drug identification guide that was written by a local police officer.

COCAINE - Cocaine is a powerful central nervous system stimulant which produces heightened alertness, inhibition of appetite and need for sleep and intense feelings of euphoria.

Cocaine is manufactured from the leaves of the coca bush which grow in the high mountains of South America. Each leaf will contain 1/2 to 1% cocaine. The natives of the Andes Mountains have cultivated the coca bush for centuries. For 4,000 years, these natives have chewed the coca leaves which yield the alkaloid cocaine. Coca leaves were ground into a fine powder and mixed with the ashes of caepropia leaves. The ashes contain a mild catalyzing lime that when mixed with saliva act as a slovent to extract the cocaine. Natives claim the plant is harmless and is used to control fatigue, suppress appetite, elevate the spirits and support sexual potency.

Cocaine as a medical drug has been largely replaced by synthetically manufactured products. Its medical use is largely confied to ear, eye nose and throat operations being used as a local anaesthetic. At one time, many bottled medicines, cure-alls or elixirs contained cocaine. Once such patent medicine was called "French Wine of Coca" and was on the market in 1885. The inventor then added the cola nut and syrup and called it Coca-Cola, intending it be used as a headache remedy and a pick-me-up. Up until 1911 Coca-Cola had about 1% per volume of cocaine in the product. Doctors and government officials soon realized the potency and harmful effects of cocaine and in 1914 it was placed under the Narcotic Control Act.

The extraction of cocaine from the coca leaf is a simple chemical process requiring an organic solvent and a base. Usually at very crude processing plants, the coca leaves are mixed with kerosene and sulphuric acid in pits lined with sheets of plastic. A pale residue similar to wet plaster, appears on the surface of the mash. It is skimmed off and strained through cheesecloth, leaving balls of coca paste. These balls are then transported to sophisticated laboratories where another chemical process (that won't be revealed here) produces the product cocaine hydrochloride. Two hundred kilos of coca leaves will produce just over one kilo of cocaine hydrochloride.

Cocaine hydrochloride is an odourless white crystalline powder with a bitter numbing taste. It is soluble in water and alcohol. Street cocaine is usually cut or diluted with products such as lidocaine, benzocaine, lactose or baking soda. These adulterants may mimic the taste of cocaine or appearance of the same, while others such as caffeine produce a mild stimulating effect.

There ya go. Probably more than you ever wanted to know about the subject in question. ;)

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
Also to add, in South America the coca leaves are used in a tea as a stomach remedy. The leaves are bought in the black market for a small price... like a couple of bucks and you get a rather huge bag of them.

If you ever go there, to say Bolivia, just ask for a mate' de coca. They have them in all the restaurants.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Go watch the movie Rush if you really want to find how undercover cops determine if a drug is real. IMO, there is absolutely no way somebody is going to sell a felony amount of drugs without knowing for sure the buyer is cool, but as long as the jury believes the cops story...

On the other hand, if they just find it on a suspect, they will arrest them on probable cause and test it in the lab before they would just stick in in their mouth, the cocaine that is.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Jason, I don't see why this thread would be locked. It's an interesting question... no-one is discussing the merits of coke-sniffing. ;)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i'm 100% with gary on this.

back in the day i did a lot of partying. i tried coke a more then a few times, but never liked it. it just didn't do anything for me.

now if anyone wants to start a crank thread ... well, then i could go on for pages and pages and pages and pages! :D

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler

Fo shizzle the The. Probably cause my heart to explode now though. A decade later, I still think about the shit when I'm a bit tipsy on the alcohol. Yeah ted, imagine how long The Official Crystal Meth Appreciation Thread would last on HTF. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.