What's new

What do you think the next Time Life Set will be? (1 Viewer)

James Sajdak

Stunt Coordinator
I was wondering what everyone thinks Time Life will release next? They've already release two amazing complete series sets and I can't wait to see what the next one is.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I vote for one of the following:

The Lucy Show
Cagney & Lacey
Hart to Hart

Hank Dearborn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hank
As they do in the newspapers when they pick award winners:

Should be: Dr. Kildare or Maverick

Will be: Eight is Enough

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I'm keeping fingers crossed for the 1966-1968 Batman. Like Get Smart and Man from UNCLE, it's long overdue, has a huge cult following, is a hip show no matter when you see it, and has that 60s pop cultural vibe. If anyone can do it justice, it's the Time Life people.

James Sajdak

Stunt Coordinator
I started this thread and forgot to put what I think, I'm hoping for:

The Six Million Dollar Man
Bionic Woman

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I think they did a great job with Get Smart and Uncle. I do not own either as i am not a big enough fan of either show. I probably will pick up S1-S2 of Uncle when the sets are available seperately. So with the next set Time Life will do, hmm how about something different and move up a couple decades. How about they do a complete Falcon Crest set!! That would be something special!

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Jack, you took the words right out my mouth: PEYTON PLACE!!!!!

Of course, we are dealing with 514 half-hours, but that translates to 207 hours, which would still make an impressive set. Besides, I'm still smitten with Mia Farrow and Barbara Parkins is a goddess!

Other shows I think that should get the T/L treatment:

Batman- once the rights issues have been FINALLY settled

Night Court

The Girl From U.N.C.L.E.- the spinoff should be released, too!

Bridget Loves Bernie- the highest rated show ever to be cancelled after one season: CBS could handle Archie Bunker, but not interfaith marriage!

The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour- I was too young to have seen it originally, but when the E! channel showed reruns a few years back, I fell in love with this TV classic- to see "Officer Judy" and have 'tea' with Goldie again while Tom and Dick argue over who Mom like best just one more time.....

The Monkees- Yes, it was released before, but let's face it- it could be done better- new remasterings and 5.1 stereo soundtracks with participation from all of the boys in the extras. And how about the feature film Head as an extra with the TV specials from the 60s-90s?

Dragnet 67-70- Universal dropped the ball after the first color season's DVD release, here's a chance to release this camp classic in toto.

Room 222- I watched this show as a boy and always wanted to go to a school like Walt Whitman High and have groovy teachers like Lloyd Haynes, Denise Nicholas and the bubbly Karen Valentine (Where are you now, Karen? Please come back!). This was created by James L. Brooks and deserves rediscovery.

Thriller- the classic horror anthology hosted by Boris Karloff- how this show hasn't been released is a mystery to me!

The Beverly Hillbillies and Petticoat Junction: these long-running hits deserve a legit release for once and for all!

He & She and Love on a Rooftop- two fondly remembered single-season classics from the 1960s. He & She, in particular was a trailblazer and was ahead of its time- I refer to it as "Mad About You- 1967"!

It Takes a Thief- another great adventure show from the 60s that has yet to be released! I know that Robert Wagner would love to do extras for this one!

Well, that's the tip of the iceberg. If I can think of more, put them down later.

Just thought of another personal favorite:

Malcolm In The Middle- Fox is being cowardly on this, claiming music rights issues. Nonsense!

David Levine

Supporting Actor

Do you know something no one else does?

Because the 1st season sold VERY well, so I can't see any reason beyond music rights that would keep Fox from rushing out S2.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
changing the laws would be so good cause then we could get shows like Cold Case on DVD as well but will it ever happen.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian

Believe it or not, I could see Time Life giving this show a shot on DVD. God knows Fox will never let it out of the vault.

Art_AD

Stunt Coordinator
My vote is for:

1. Girl From UNCLE (with the extra Say UNCLE episode from Please Don't Eat the Daisies).

2. Courtship of Eddie's Father

3. The Patty Duke Show (With the Reunion movie too) Hopefully UA tv shows will celebrate 90th anniversary too!

And one I nearly forgot about Then Came Bronson.

All three have cult Appeal

brett tolino

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
brett tolino
I think it would be smart to release Knots Landing: The Complete Series.

They say KL Season One didn't sell to expectations and that might be due to the way it was released and priced (13 episodes for $40.00). Also, the first season didn't do too well in the ratings either, which was why Donna Mills was brought in for Season Two, when the show really caught on.

The show became successful after S2 and more so, with the later Seasons when tons of actors and actresses began starring on the show, which helped it run and last for 13-14 years.

Knots boasted cast members such as Alec Baldwin in his acting debut, Donna Mills, Lisa Hartman, Ava Gardner, Nicollette (Desperate Housewives) Sheridan, Bill Devane, Michelle Phillips, Michael York, Julie Harris, Hunt Block, Halle Berry, Red Buttons, Marcia (Desperate Housewives) Cross, Paul Rudd and more.

This series would do well on dvd... if Warners just got up to the seasons featuring those in demand actors which made the series successful and one of the longest running television shows in history. It deserves to be released and releasing it complete might just be the answer so fans don't have to wait for years until Warner releases the in demand seasons individually -- which they aren't doing because of their disappointed sales on S1.

What they need to remember was S1 didn't do well in the ratings either... the network was patient until the show caught on and I hope Warners gives this show another shot for dvd release.

... I'd also go for an Eight Is Enough Complete Time Life set too!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks