What's new

What do you think of this case i'm gonna get, is is cool looking? (1 Viewer)

Camp

Senior HTF Member
It's...um...big.
It is rather nice looking. I don't know your needs but I'd swap out the two 150 watt power supplies for a single (or dual) 300+ watters.

AaronNWilson

Second Unit
The cs-510-12's Supplies-Both power supplies share the load at 150W each but if one goes down, the other picks up the load at its full power of 300W. The defective one can be replaced without bringing the system down. Dimensions are the same as the regular CS-510 above. ATX Format. Also available in AT format.
This sounds like a good idea to me. Although I would imagine a failed PS isnt very common.
Rob my brother just bought a case identical to that in black. He intends to spray his drives black to match it.
There is some pretty nice cases out there, but I think the bigger ones look much meaner and I like the idea of having casters on the bottom.
Aaron

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
Actually, powersupplies fry on a regular basis, in my experience. Thus far I have had two of them give up on me... currently typing this on my work laptop because my stationary PC has a fried powersupply. Guess it couldn't take 24/7 uptime for much more than half a year...
------------------
/Kimmo

Roy C.

Second Unit
Kimmo,
The fact that your PS's go out so often points to some underlying problems like power fluctuation, spikes, brown/black outs, etc. A PS is actually one of the components that lasts the longest. It has the least moving parts and very little electronics, plus they take heat much better than a hard drive or a CPU/MB. I have some servers running 24/7 for about three years with no failures whatsoever.
Good luck,
Roy C.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks