What's new

What do you guys think of this speakers... (1 Viewer)

Bry_DD

Second Unit
Hey all.. I'm looking on upgrading my mains and my center soon and i'm stuck with 3 brands of speakers. Hopefully you guys can help me out. Anyways, here are the the speakers i'm talking about, PSB Image 6T, B&W 603, and Paradigm Studio 60. I'm leaning towards the 60 even though I really haven't listen to them as much yet. I've heard the 603 adn the 6T and I did like the way they sound. If only I can audition them at the same time and place I would be able to decide right then. Anyway I'll be powering them with Denon 3801 and I already have a sub. Hopefully someone can shed some light here.

Thanks and good day!
Bry

Winston_T

Agent
Usually when someone says I have x number of speakers to choose from, I "leave them alone". But seeing how I have _recent_ personal experience with some of these, I will say demo the Swans Diva or Onix Rocket. You can find auditions on www.audioenvy.com and the repective unoffical faq for the Diva's are at www.audioenvy.com/diva av123.com is the exclusive seller of these speakers.
I was trying to decide on speakers in the same price range as yours for 40/60 HT/Music or Music/HT (it changes from time to time). I found that most speakers at this range had a little of something that I wanted but none of them had "everything". When my wife and I auditioned the Diva's, we were blown away. They were THAT much better. I didnt' have to have them side by side with another speaker to know they were better, it was instantly noticable. YMMV.
Currently I have a Diva and Rocket system in my house and am trying to decide between the two. They are similar, but they have different strengths. Some sounds are better for one vs the other. Then you try something else and the other speaker has a slight lead... very hard. I believe you'll go right with either one... but it's all up to you.
BTW. "People" (generally) say that the Diva 6.1's are a little bit nice then the Paradigm Studio 100's. The Diva 6.1's are less bright.

JeffreyMercado

Second Unit
I looked at a British magazine the other day called What Hi-Fi! It really recommended the 603s gave them 5 stars. It also really liked the wharfdale diamonds that can be had dirt cheap at www.ubid.com . I forgot to mention they chose the wharfdale because of the price over the B&Ws. Hard for me to believe also. You can check the wharfdale site for dealers in your area so you can hear them. What about Axioms? If the guy above is mentioning Swans somebody has to mention Axioms. Link below

Bry_DD

Second Unit
Can someone tell me the web add of the Axioms factory? I'm also considering the M60's. thanks

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Currently I have a Diva and Rocket system in my house and am trying to decide between the two. They are similar, but they have different strengths.
Winston,

I'm considering the Rocket option. What sub are you using with your Rocket’s? Also can you elaborate a bit on the differences you mention?

Thanks

Bry_DD

Second Unit
I think I'm going with the Axiom M60 with a matching VP150.. They'll be match with Denon 3801 with 25-31 sub. What do you guys think?

Bry

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
I can easily recommend the PSB 6T's as I own them myself. They are very clean and neutral sounding. They sound great with music and movies are the same. They are somewhat efficient and have a decent amount of bass for tower speakers. Listen to them again and compare with the others. I would have a hard time with another set of speakers for home theatre now because the speakers in my setup, PSB Image 6T, 9C and 2B all use the identical tweeter and mid-woofer drivers so the sound in movies is very well blended across the front, center and surrounds. I like the 6T's :)

Bry_DD

Second Unit
Well, I decided to go with the Axiom's M60 with the vp150. I can wait the get em this week. Anyone have an advice on what to do when I get em.

thanks,
Bry

Sihan Goi

Second Unit
I don't believe PSB has any authorized internet dealers, but I bought my C6i direct from this guy in Canada and it worked out to be cheaper than USD, even after international shipping to Singapore. That was when my dealer over here didn't have the C6i in stock, claiming it was discontinued to try and convince me into getting the C5(not even the C5i) he had in stock. Soon after I ordered the C6i my dealer stocked up on the C6i at a cheaper price, since no shipping charges are required, talk about Murphy's Law!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks