What's new

What do you guys know about Ixos? (1 Viewer)

Ted Ross

Second Unit
My local retailer carries this line of cables & their prices are cheaper than what I can get in comparable monster cable line products. I have never heard of this company till today. You input is greatly appreciated.

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
accessories4less.com sells this line. I picked up a Bronze series 3M sub cable which included the Y for $19 shipped. Build quality was a bit weak, with stick-on 'badges' on the connector housings that fell off, but the sound was such that I had to recalibrate and was noticeably better.

Rubbery and flexible, but cheap-looking, look to the better cables from them unless cosmetics don't matter to you.

- C

Richard Cook

Stunt Coordinator
IXOS are a British make
My own gear is wired with it and I can thoroughly recommend it
My tip would be to leave the Bronze range alone and go for the Silver and Gold range where the build and plugs are better. Though there is an extremely good Bronze range Subwoofer cable made by them.
Go for it!!;)

DaveHo

Supporting Actor
:emoji_thumbsup:
I used their in wall 14/4 doubled up to wire my surround speakers, and can say that I am happy with the performance and quality. Accessories4Less carries IXOS and is a good place to do business with.
-Dave

JohnMW

Second Unit
Real Name
John
I use the IXOS 13ga gamma to bi-wire my front Klipsch Reference speakers. The wire is a little more than conventional Home Depot™ wire, but I like the looks. Their AV cables look interesting, but seem a little expensive compared to AR Pro cables. ;)

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
I'm using their 11 guage wires for my front three speakers and really like it. I also had one of their interconnects (gold series I think) and it was quite good for the money (though my new silvercat was more detailed)

Kevin T

Screenwriter
i like their gamma 6003 13ga speaker wire. really nice to look at in general and since sound of a wire seems to be a hot button, i'll leave my opinion of the sound out.

kevin t

Bob Lee

Agent
I used a ton of their self-adhesive flat speaker wire to hook up my side and rear surrounds. A tad pricey and a little messy to deal with, but installation was much easier than using Monster's flat speaker wire. The wire gauge they use is also thicker than Monster's, although the entire packaging is about the same thickness.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
I'm using an IXOS componant video cable. Looks good and build quality is above average. Great price IMHO. I would say they are a bit better than Radio Shack, Monster, or AR cables.

Zak Solo

Agent
I use IXOS scarts (gold) and IXOS Coaxial leads.

In my opinion they feel solid and have been recommended in a number of UK Hi Fi Magazines. Namely What Hi Fi as being one of the best for all round value and performance.

Darrin W-G

Grip
I'm using Ixos XHV704 Component Cable and I also have Ixos XHD308 Optical cable on standby at the moment. I'm waiting for the delivery of my receiver: Pioneer VSXD912-S. My current receiver: Pioneer VSXD209 has only analogue inputs, so I can't comment on the Optical cable at this time. But I am impressed with XHV704 component cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks