What's new

What do I want from Japan? (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Illingworth

Supporting Actor
About a month ago I was going to email my friend in Japan and have him send me something that I wanted that I could only get there. But now my sister is in Japan and I forgot what it was that I wanted. If you were me what would you want from Japan? It can't be too much $$ because I'm poor. I thought it might be S&B curry, because it was unavailable in Canada for the longest time but now is; maybe I forgot about it because its here now.

jeremy

MikeAW

Second Unit
Isn't that "Union" DVD, Region 2 video standard ?

I'd love some of the latest bootleg Cd's and some of these legal VCD's and DVD's released in Japan only.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Japan uses NTSC, and Hong Kong releases videos in almost exclusively NTSC, same as the US. It's Europe that has a different standard (and both have a region 2 coding)

MikeAW

Second Unit
Jeff, I only found ones advertised on eBay with Region 2, and some of them claim it's from "asia", go figure.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
If it's Region 2 from "asia" it's Japan because Japan is the only R2 country in Asia.

John Spencer: Actually, a Geisha is not a hooker like most Americans think. A Geisha is a HIGHLY trained hostess and companion. They do NOT have sex with clients as part of their duties. They may entertain with music, engage in sophisticated conversation, or any number of other tasks to make their client look good.

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor
Wow. Who said anything about hookers? Maybe John just wants to be entertained with music, engaged in sophisticated conversation, or any number of other tasks to make him look good. Sheesh, let's not go assuming anything people. ;)
And John, if you were in fact lookin' for some action, then try a Yu-u-jyo. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks