What did you pickup for PSP?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Sam Posten, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    I didnt expect to get a system today but Toys R Us had tons of em, so I got the deck and Metal:Gear Acid and the Gauntlet Clone. Looking at IGN I probably should have gotten Twisted Metal and Wipeout instead, but I will give these games a few days and either trade em or keep em.

One thing is for sure, the PSP is dead gorgeous, I cannot believe the screen looks so good!

Sam

2. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

Got Wipeout at lunch today. Not a big racing game guy, so that'll probably the one & only racing game I ever buy for it. Gotta say it's a pretty good game & looks awesome.

Want Untold Legends, but so far everywhere I've checked no dice.

EDIT: Got ahold of Untold Legends [​IMG] and picked up Lumines while I was there. Was surprised to see a used copy of Twisted Metal already. Haven't tried Lumines yet. Played Legends for about 10 min. & seems pretty good. I'd call it a BG: Dark Alliance clone.

3. RudyN

RudyN Supporting Actor

Rudy Nunez
    I picked up Darkstalkers Chronicle.

4. RichardK

RichardK Second Unit

I picked up Wipeout Pure, gonna get Lumines, and some sports game maybe Fifa 2005.

5. Ken Chui

Ken Chui Supporting Actor

Got Lumines and Ridge Racer; contemplating WipEout Pure as an addition this weekend.

6. Dave E H

Dave E H Supporting Actor

I'm thinking Tiger woods looks good. I like golf in general and nothing else really appeals to me. Reviews seem ok so far - anyone playing it?

7. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

Anyone playing Tiger Woods or NFL Street? How are they?

Any word on if any of the RPGs currently out in Japan are being brought over?

8. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Stunt Coordinator

so far I have picked up:

Lumines
    Wipeout
    Ape Escape
    Twisted Metal

I'm thinking anout picking up Gretzky NHL. does anyone have it already? do you like it?

9. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    I picked up my PSP at Best Buy today (like Sam I hadn't really planned to but they had a bunch just sitting there), and took advantage of their $20 gift card with three games deal. Got

Lumines
    Wipeout Pure
    Ape Escape

I'd like to get a sports game or two, probably Tiger Woods and/or NBA.

10. Jeff_Standley

Jeff_Standley Supporting Actor

I want to get one of these but im not rushing out to get one just yet. None of the games seem to grab me yet. I would like to play the MGS game but being a turn based style game it's making me buy a complete system. The tiger woods golf would be nice and maybe Lumines looks fun but I think I'll wait for some kick ass titles. I really want to get one to, I cant wait to see the mods they start to come out with for this system. I hope you are able to in the near future put your own stuff on a UMD disc.(long shot I know) What games are in the near future that will set this thing off?

11. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

I'm sure Grand Theft Auto in May will sell a few units. I've never played a GTA game, but they seem to be really popular with a lot of folks. There's also the Final Fantasy game that's coming.

12. DeanC

DeanC Stunt Coordinator

Haven't been able to buy any because the games are all sold out.
    But heck the systems are still selling. And many upset Canadians are just buying the Accessories.

As to Gretzky Hockey. Our bundle here has Spiderman 2 movie and the Gretzky game that come with it. I tried it in the store on display, it plays awesome.

I bought the core system though. Should've bought the bundle but wanted to buy at Launch and now no funds, but wanted to buy 1 game. Will just have to deal with the demo disc for awhile. Looks just as promising.

13. DeanC

DeanC Stunt Coordinator

By the way, what is better racing game? Ridge Racer or the Need for Speed one.
    On tv they only rated RidgeRacer. Or should I wait for Gran Turismo psp or GTA PSP.

14. David Galindo

David Galindo Screenwriter

I havent played Need for Speed, but Ridge Racer so far is great. Wipeout is even better, though only slightly.

Ape Escape is a bit less satisfying, though it fills my hunger for platformers quite well.

And Lumines is portable crack. Stay away from it! *goes to play Lumines*

15. Jeff_Standley

Jeff_Standley Supporting Actor

Video on the PSP

Answer my own questions. Maybe not UMD but at least you can get video on the PSP. WooHoo! My thoughts on getting sooner are getting stronger by the day. [​IMG]

16. Dylan-M

Dylan-M Auditioning

I got:

-PSP w/ accessories, UMD & Spider Man 2
    -Gretzky NHL
    -USB Cable to connect

I cant get the USB to work though with my Windows 98 [​IMG]

17. David Ely

David Ely Supporting Actor

I got the following games with my system

- Wipeout
    - Twisted Metal
    - Lumines
    - Darkstalker Chronicles

So far I'm very impressed with each of the games. It took an hour of playing Darkstalker to figure out the proper move timing, but it's easy once you get it.

All I need now is a 1GB MS Duo Pro. I'm just waiting for the next Sandisk shipment, which will be cheaper.

18. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    Added Lumines to the list. Man this game is HARD. Perhaps I should read the manual.....

Sam

19. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

Dylan, just go get a media card reader if you are using win 98 like i am. I just got a $19 sandisk one just for mem stick products. It is keychain size and works great.

I got Lumines and Tony Hawk, but seriously, NOTHING matters but Lumines. This game is the new crack.

20. TonyTone

TonyTone Supporting Actor

I picked up:

--Ridge Racer (apparently a very popular title; the BB I went to already sold out their allotment in roughly 30 minutes)
    --NFS Underground Rivals and Wipeout Pure (took advantage of BB $10 GC plus $5 off PSP game)
    --Pelican Face Armor
    --Datel USB cable w/ Media Manager software (used $5 off BB coupon)
    --Pelican Screen Protector
    --Pelican Car Charger/adapter
    --Sandisk 512 MB Memory Stick Pro DUO (only because BB was out of the 1 GB ones; will probably need to go to my local Fry's to p/u one)