What's new

What Did Y'all Get For Christmas??? (1 Viewer)

Jin E

Second Unit
Western Mountaineering Megalite Sleeping bag with 2oz overfill. Can you say 1lb 10oz with a Pertex Quantum shell and 14oz of 800+ fill down. WEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Montane Featherlite Smock (3oz windbreaker)

Cash!

Brookstone thinggamagiggy that has four "beepers" that attach to my keys, wallet, remotes, etc. There is a base tht you press the button and the corresponding beeper goes off. I'll never lose my keys again!

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
It was a DVD Christmas for me:

Pirates Of the Caribbean
Seabiscuit
The Italian Job (2003)
The Quiet American
Rabbit-Proof Fence

Plus the Elton John "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" deluxe SACD+DVD set!!

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
From the parents:

A Panasonic LA95 Portable DVD Player & $150 in gift cards to Best Buy.

Now I can watch a movie instead of staring out the window during my train trips to Philadelphia during the Baseball season, and whatever other long trips I do.

Happy Holidays to all.

Joe

Chris Moe

Screenwriter
SageTV / WinTV-PVR-250 Bundle
Limited edition pair of Converse All Stars (One of 75 made!!!)
DVD rack
An alarm clock ( :rolleyes:guess my brother didn't pick up on the 25 or so not to subtle hints to get me the Raiders box set)
Some candy
A book
$125

I bought myself a tablet PC :)

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
I got a corner computer desk, a new blanket (no not like Linus's), and $270 in cash. Now I can finally get an equipment rack and a DVD rack that will save space. Yaaaayyyy! :D

I didn't get what I really wanted for Christmas, though: to spend the day with a friend of mine. I love her to death and it's been a long time since I've seen her (yet she's so close...arrrggghhh). Hopefully soon! :emoji_thumbsup:

Joe Spratley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
test
Didn't get anything here :frowning: Only constant nagging and arguing from my demented girlfriend. Oh well hopefully I'll have someone better next Christmas. For the time being I have my dogs. I'm sure they would have got me something if they could :) I think I'll pick up Prince of Persia tomorrow to make up for getting nothing.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Cash. Its the perfect gift.

DVD Recorder. A gift to myself 2 months ago.

I actually only exchanged gifts with the parents this year. My mother really knows how to throw a Christmas and always has. My fathers stuff I dropped off at his house on the 23rd. I really wont be exchanging gifts with many people anymore. Two years ago when I gave out $50 Best Buy gift cards and got 5 pairs of gloves and a paper airplane? that did me in.

I look at it as if there is something I really have to have or want, I can just buy it myself.

I kind of like to wrap gifts and the whole fuss of all that, so I did buy stuff for the needy children. I actually felt a lot better buying for the needy kids instead of the family.

The children in the family (and there are a lot of them) kind of rub me the wrong way. They are way spoiled, just toss everything to the side, and no one cares or says Thank You. It kind of pisses me off really. So ignorant. Well, I guess I can understand it in a way seeing as they got it from their parents.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
:thumbsdown: Some Harley-Davidson PC game. regardless that I have been anti-Harley since I bought one and suffered with it since day one, and I own a Mac :confused:

:emoji_thumbsup: $100 Amazon.com GC

:emoji_thumbsup: $20 Apple iTunes GC

:emoji_thumbsup: Manhunt for Playstation 2

:emoji_thumbsup: Happy Tree Friends DVD sets 1 & 2

Mark Brewer

Stunt Coordinator
Welll.....
My wife had a student at the school she works at do pencil drawings of our 3 kids from some cute photos

____
Two years ago my best friend and I went fishing on the Oregon coast and went to see a movie one evening, the movie was in ULTRA STEREO....
we both had a good chuckle with that... on our way out of the theater I saw the Ultra Stereo sign and mention that it would be funny to have that...
Well He found out the company who makes the Mylars and built a nice oak box with backlighting and gave it to me for CHristmas....Very Cool..

lots of coffee.
A couple of mugs

Money...
Gift Certificates for movies

George Lucas In LOve...
Got the kids a Gamecube......

FredHD

Stunt Coordinator
Let's see:
IBook G4 800mhz w/ 640 MB RAM, 40 GB HD, Airport Extreme, an Keynote (my wife and I got it together as a joint present to each other)

Alias Season 1
Terminator 3
Chicago
Identity

Johnny Cash - American IV
a basketball
some clothes
Dallas Stars hat
a cast iron puzzle
a pen radio (pretty cool)
a comforter from my in-laws :rolleyes
a huge jar of kalamata olives
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

a hot shave gel dispenser
$300 cash

It's good to have a big family, I am thankful for all of it.

There is one thing I want more than any of that. My wife and I are trying to conceive. It will probably be a couple of weeks before I find out if our Christmas wish will come true. Wish me luck.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Let's just say that I give better than I get (I'm thinking I'm getting a 20 cent return on every dollar I spent): a watch, a shirt, a SI calendar.

But I was very good to myself:

A new PC I built, with video capture/DVD burning capabilities being at the top of the list of features.

I gave out over 30 DVDs to friends and families, and some hefty gift cards. I gave my parents to gift of using all their DVD/SAT/VCRs after some idiot installer re-wired everything so wrongly (as in connecting inputs into input, etc) that they could not record from the sources they desired, and Dad got some RAM for his PC which made all the difference in the world as far as operating at a decent speed, instead of swapping to the hard drive savagely and choking the rest of the system's throughput. Mom's getting one of the toilet's flushing mechanism replaced by me.

I've always been more on the giving end than the receiving end, unlike some other people I know. Life's funny like that.

Mike Slade

Second Unit
I got a Minolta DiMAGE Xt digital camera. Also got Fellowship of the Rings EE and Tenacious D: The Complete Master Works.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
I asked for three things for Christmas and I recieved those 3 things plus more

-The Complete Far Side
-Alias: The Complete 2nd Season
-The West Wing: The Complete 1st Season

I feel very content and..complete I guess you could say. :) (I really couldn't resist) I just can't wait for the incomplete seasons of my favorite TV shows! :rolleyes

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Shirts... lots of shirts. And gift certificates. I am admittedly the hardest person to shop for. :)

Oh.. and some DVD's of course.
(Pirates of the Carribean, Matrix:Reloaded, Dragonslayer, Tomb Raider II)

John_Bonner

Supporting Actor
Quote:
Canon A70

Me too. Having fun with it already.

Quote:
SageTV / WinTV-PVR-250 Bundle

Chris you're gonna like this. Works great and no monthly fees!

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
DVDs
Scarface*
AC/DC: Stiff Upper Lip Live

*Got duplicates so Im taking one of them back and getting Two Towers EE.

SACDs
Alice in Chains: Greatest Hits
Who: Tommy Deluxe

Game:
Medal of Honor: Rising Sun (XBox)

A "feather bed"
Flannel sheets
Knife set and food steamer

And I bought myself a Panasonic 47wx53 16x9 TV with some new cables for my external decoder and component video. The Tv is getting delivered on the 2nd! :D

I had a good Christmas!

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
Let's see..... Timberland hiking boots, DVD's: Independence Day, Catch Me if You Can, Bruce Almighty, CD's: Beatles Let it Be.... Naked and Classic Sinatra, His Greatest Performances 1953-60. Both CD's are excellent.

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Oh, and I went down to Ikea today and got 4 wall mounted DVD racks (total DVD capacity of the racks equals 270 DVDs! Whoo-hoo!), and an equipment rack. Cost me $180 but it was well worth it. Now it's time to put everything together and get the current pieces of crap out of my room. ;)

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
DVD's:
ER: Season 1
Finding Nemo
The Thin Red Line

Video Games:
Rainbow Six: 3
GTA: Double Pack (xbox)

Misc:
Clothes
Shoes
Candy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks