What's new

What car is this? (1 Viewer)

Lars Larsen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lars Larsen
Hi,

Some years ago I watched a TV Show called "Beyond 2000". In one of the episodes, there was a report about a car which I, at the time, thought was very cool. I think it was french made, it had a Mercedes V12 engine if I remember correctly and it had an exterior super car design (Saleen S7, Lamborghini type...). But what made it speciel was its huge size. It was about as long and wide as a Hummer, and it looked quite awesome!

I have not been able to find anything about this car online. Do any of you know what I'm talking about?

Out of curiousity...

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I don't but I used to LOVE that show.
it's funny to see things they reportd back in the early 90's becomming commonplace today.

Jason_Els

Screenwriter

This it? It's a Bugatti EB110. They're made in Molsheim, France. Has a V12. It could be the Veyron as well but that has a W16. See more Bugattis here. Keep in mind this is not the same company that made the legendary pre-war Bugattis but a resurrected version. Nice cars though.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Beyond 2000 kicked ass. Some of the highlights I remember: Super VHS, DLP technology (almost a decade before I heard of a DLP TV), and a custom motorcycle "the apache" a Harey-Davidson engined uber bike that had a computer controlled suspension that would adjust the rake and angle of the front end to turn from a "chopper" style bike at slow speeds into a more traditionally handling (ie: better) bike when you started going fast.

Lets hope the Discovery channel starts with Beyond: 2020 soon :D

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member

I also remember HID headlights, and CDROMs when they first came out. Neat show.

Lars Larsen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lars Larsen
Good suggestions from everyone, but no it wasn't any of the above. If my memory serves me well, I think it had an adjustable hydraulic suspension, and could thus transform from fast road car to 4WD terrain vehicle.
The front of the car was a little similar to Citroën's Dakar rally car, I think.

http://www.dakar.com/photo/etape13-01.jpeg

But it was no Citroën! That, I'm sure of!

And yes, it was a good show! I miss my weekly update on tech-stuff. It probably inspired a lot of young people to start studying engineering, too. It certainly did for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks