What's new

What can I watch/use on TwinPeaks box set without spoiling it for myself ?? (1 Viewer)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
I recall seeing a good number of episodes of the first season when it actually aired. I haven't seen it since and I just recently watched the Pilot and my box set. just the episodes, no intros with the Log Lady, no commentary and no extra's ala Tibet. so..........
What should I "not" watch on my Twin Peaks box set if I don't want to know ANYTHING I don't already know after watching the Pilot and the box set episodes 1 to 7??? Lets pretent I don't know anything, cause, well, I don't. I haven't seen the movie and won't watch that until later, right? When can I watch that?
I can't wait until the second set comes out! So I must satisfy my urges with the commentary and the Tibet parts of the box set, and maybe the Log lady intros? But I don't want to ruin it for me.
thanx for any helpful info
:)

Tyler T

Stunt Coordinator
Even though I'm still begging to see Season 2 of Twin Peaks, I know that there is one feature that does spoil, majorly!!!! (I haven't seen it and I don't plan to until I have finished watching the entire series) It's the feature "Introduction to David Lynch" on the Tibet menu. Some person actually gives away Laura's muderer! Can you belive Artisan actually allowed that???
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

The Log Lady intros are OK to watch. They are really odd and they just have her talking slightly about the episodes (for example on Episode One, or episode two if you count the pilot, she talks about men called "special agents" but does not actually talk about what happens in the episode). I haven't heard any commentaries yet, but on DVD File's review they say that the commentary for episode two spoils stuff. So, you may want to stay away from those... The Script Notes are all right. One of them reveals something about Nadine, but it's not much of a big spolier, in my opinion.
So, it's safe to say that you can watch everything except for the Intro to David Lynch and maybe the commentaries (the easter eggs, which are the director's basically talking, do not spoil anything).
EDIT: I looked at your post more carefully and saw that I didn't answer one question. The film, Fire Walk With Me is supposed to be viewed after the series. Once again, I have never seen anything beyond the first season of Twin Peaks so I don't know who killed Laura and other mysteries. But, I've heard that the film gives away the killer and plus it also has some scenes that have to do with the last episode, so you'll be lost...

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Hmmmm. Thanks for the heads up. I watched this 2 episodes at a time and when episode #7 was over, I was like, DOH! Now what am I going to do?? No more until when? November? Aaaa!
So to recap, I've watched all episodes from the Pilot to the end of the box set. And I'm dying for more. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Why didn't they carry on this series or make something else. No wonder TV sucked during the 90's!
OK, I won't watch "Introduction to David Lynch" Thanks for the hot tip.
the commentary for episode two spoils stuff
Do you mean spoils stuff AFTER episode 7 ( or 8 including the Pilot!)???? So given I haven't seen past the box set, I shouldn't watch that?
Anybody else wanna verify the Log Lady stuff or the commentaries a little more??
I could have sworn I heard that one of the LOG LADY INTRO's was a definite one to avoid for sure.
Which commentaries should I avoid. I gotta have something more to watch darn-it!!
Phew..I'm ok now....Thanx
:cool:

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Yah...avoid all of the commentaries until we can get back to you about it. I don't remember which, but I think there were 2 with season two spoilers contained within.

Tyler T

Stunt Coordinator
Anybody else wanna verify the Log Lady stuff or the commentaries a little more??
I could have sworn I heard that one of the LOG LADY INTRO's was a definite one to avoid for sure.
Which commentaries should I avoid?

Tyler T

Stunt Coordinator
I also forgot to mention that there are a few things you can have until the release of Season Two. First, there is the original soundtrack to Twin Peaks, which was put out during the show's summer break. If you love that jazzy and sometimes dark and haunting score, this is for you. And also there are a few books which were, again, put out during the show's summer break. The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer gives you Laura's diary as it was found the day she was murdered, and it does not spoil anything. See how this an innocent 12 year old girl becomes a cocaine addict, a whore, gets bisexual, and other dirty secrets she held. It's out of print, but you can probably find it at a used book shop. Also, there is the Acess guide to Twin Peaks, which is a fictional look inside Twin Peaks. It's like a travel guide basically. It's also OOP but the used book shop will probably have it. That's about all...

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Not interested in the diary really. (12 years old? Hmmm. I think Laura was older than that, she was in High School! The Diary doesn't go back 4 years does it?)
I will definitely buy the soundtrack, I love the sound of that stuff.
What is OOP? Original Opened Package?? Heheh.
Oh, and I own a Laserdisc player, so don't get me started with what else I could do to entertain myself! I thought about getting the rest of the episodes on LD and I'm glad I have waited. The DVD is awesome so I'll wait for that. I know the LD's are nice too, but might as well wait for the DVD since the Laserdiscs are bidding war anyways.
So those Easter eggs are just those things where you go into the chapter features, you go up to where it says Episode 6 at the top of the screen for example and you press play or actio/enter and you get a little talk with the director? I stumbled onto one of those by accident and stopped it cause it was lame sounding and I worried I'd spoil stuff.
Is the rest of the EXTRA "Tibet" stuff, of the non "Intorduction to David Lynch" variety worth looking at??
thanx folks :)

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Ok ok ok.. Lemme see if I have this straight.
I have never seen Twin Peaks. and so to watch it in correct order is:
Twin Peaks: Season One (on DVD)
Twin Peaks: Season Two (not yet released)
Then
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me
Is this correct?
PS: I haven't bought anything yet. I plan to buy all the TP stuff at once, so I dont have the chance to see them out of order. Now I just have to invent the Memory-erasing device so I can watch all six Star Wars movies in order, and be suprised when Darth Vader's true identity is revealed!:D
PPS: Even the Memory-Erasing Device will not make Blade 2's "secret protagonist" character any less obvious;)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
First, Chris...the diary goes farther back than for years...It's either 5 or 6, and yes, it does start when she is twelve

Second, Garrett...the order is like this

Twin Peaks: Pilot (Not on Region 1 DVD...get the import Region 4 disc, it plays on all DVD players. Quality sucks, but hey...it's the only way)

Twin Peaks: Season 1

Twin Peaks: Season 2 (will prolly be released in 2 sets since season 2 was 3-times as long as season 1...that's 21 Episodes)

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me (Even though it is a prequel, it should only be watched last)

Kelly W

Second Unit
Okay, I've got a quick question about Twin Peaks. I've always been interested in this show, but I missed the first episodes on TV, so I never got into it. I haven't seen a single episode and only know the story centers around the death of some girl named Laura Palmer and the investigation into who-done-it.
So, my question is this: since the show was cancelled after only two seasons, is the story complete? Are all or (knowing David Lynch) at least SOME of the questions answered? :) Does the movie tie everything up and make it one complete story?
I'm just not sure I want to get into this if it would be like watching only two seasons of, say, the X-Files and quitting there.
Thanks!!!
-Kelly

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Matt, You've saved me an unneccesary "D'Oh!" (Upon learning I found-out some secrets before I should have):emoji_thumbsup: :)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Hehe...no problem.

So, my question is this: since the show was cancelled after only two seasons, is the story complete? Are all or (knowing David Lynch) at least SOME of the questions answered? Does the movie tie everything up and make it one complete story
Well, sure...some of the questions are answered. Like Laura's killer, and some other plot points. But the beauty of Twin Peaks, in my opinion...is it leaves you with quite a few questions to ponder in the end. It isn't really like Lynch stopped the story in the middle...but at the same time, it does end pretty up in the air. If it had ended any other way...I wouldn't care about the series nearly as much.

Brian Alan

Agent
My wife and I are first-time Twin Peaks viewers. I made the mistake of reading some spoilers before watching the first season, but she didn't. She was really mad about the spoiler in the "Tibet" special features. I don't blame her. The script notes for each episode occasionally feature minor spoilers, but nothing too huge so far. I wish they wouldn't have assumed that everyone who watches the box set has seen Twin Peak before.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I know. I watched the entire series for the first time 3 months ago...and I made damn sure I didn't check out any of the Season 1 extras until I was done with season two for that reason. I had already been spoiled as to who the killer was (got tricked into watching Fire Walk with Me before the series)...so I was already pretty pissed off.

Tyler T

Stunt Coordinator
O said:

Yes, it is intresting. The first item (unless you find the easter egg with all the DVD credits...same way you find the director interviews on each episode) is an interview with co-creator Mark Frost (whose dad, Warren Frost, played Donna's father according to IMDB.com). This was recorded in August of 2001 and is a phone interview with the editors from Wrapped In Plastic, the official TP magazine, talking to him. Nothing is revealed about the second season, though, so you're safe. An eerie note to this though, the editors talk about the World Trade Center before the interview starts and this was nearly a month before the attacks!!!!

The second feature is Learning To Speak In The Red Room, which Micheal J. Anderson teaches you about speaking backwards "like the voices in David Lynch's head".

Skip Intro to David Lynch....

16 Pieces of Pie is a 10 minute interview with the owner of the Double R Diner. It's fun and you learn a bunch of stuff about the actual diner.

Then the Directory to Twin Peaks is a sometimes frustrating but fun version of Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon, but put Laura Palmer instead... You get video postcards from most of the cast (unfortunatly, there's no Sherilyn Fenn, Micheal Ontkean, Lara Flynn Boyle, and Harry Goaz postcards :frowning: ) and sometimes, biographies of the stars. I won't spoil it all though because it's kind of fun.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Great thanks. I'm going to remember that and go watch some of it to ease my withdrawl. At least there are lots of other episodes to come. I have resisted buying the Laserdiscs and so I'm stuck waiting for the rest on DVD :)
P.S. If the DVD is not enough, try to find the Euro pilot. Yes, the ending does have Cooper, Truman, and Hawk tracking down a killer but (spoiler for those who have not seen episode two of the first season...er episode three if you count the pilot)
This intrigues me. It isn't like the FIRE WALK WITH ME movie, of course? I now know to stay as far away from FWWM as possible :) I heard the European something or other gives away the killer or something. I imagine its on VHS? Laserdisc? Certainly not on DVD?
later

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
So, my question is this: since the show was cancelled after only two seasons, is the story complete? Are all or (knowing David Lynch) at least SOME of the questions answered?
What happened was that once the "Who killed Laura Palmer" question was resolved, they didn't have anywhere interesting to go. The show got stale and people stopped watching.

That said, the series up through that point makes for a good complete story.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks