What's new

What are your most wanted abandoned series? (1 Viewer)

whisperintherain

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Romain
The ones listed in my sig and a couple more:

WARNER:
EVERWOOD
KNOTS LANDING
LIFE GOES ON

WARNER seems to have a thing for cancelling my favorite shows, but go on with stuff I have no interest in such as THE DUKES OF HAZZARD and keep repackaging FRIENDS three times a year. Even though chances are quite slim that they will ever continue either, I still hope to see KNOTS LANDING and EVERWOOD get another chance.

SONY:
DIFF'RENT STROKES
THE NANNY
PARTY OF FIVE
WHO'S THE BOSS?

Of the shows that I want owned by SONY, so far only MOONLIGHTING has miraculously been released entirely. I do need to mention though, that, being aware of SONY's penchant for cancelling show releases, I haven't bought any of these shows yet. I won't be left holding the bag by them.

FOX had better be quick to announce the following seasons of PICKET FENCES and THE PRACTICE, as I have had no problem with them so far, and would hate to see two of my favorite shows ever join the list of incomplete TV shows on DVD.

As long as CBS/PARAMOUNT releases all 7 Seasons of MELROSE PLACE (2 weeks to go before season 3, yay!), I'll be happy with them. I'm satisfied with their release schedule of 6 months between 2 Seasons and although some people really do, I personally have no problem with music replacements.

Duane Alford

Second Unit

Ding Ding Ding! If they would have continued with whole season sets, I would have bought all 4 seasons.

My list:
Adam 12

Leave It To Beaver

Simon & Simon (I have hard time believing Season 1 didn't sell)

My Favorite Martian (Come on Rhino, it's just one season, make it available in all the stores like Season 1 was and it should sell. I'm guessing Season 2 didn't sell well. Kind of hard to sell it when it's not available in any store and it's impossible to find it. I had to find it on ebay)

Sliders (although there are 2 seasons left, I have no interest in season 5. Bring on the last good season!)

Roni F

Stunt Coordinator
Once and Again - S3
The Adventures of Pete & Pete- S3
A Different World - S2-6
This Is Wonderland - S2-3

I love all of those series and it's killing me not being able to have those seasons on DVD. Release dates for Once and Again S3 and Pete & Pete S3 were once announced (for Jan. '06 IIRC), along with cover art (plus a commentary track for the final episode of O&A was recorded), but they were removed from the schedule, never to be heard from again :frowning:

I'd also like to see Dream On and Malcolm in the Middle continue.

Oh, and whatever happened to Space Ghost: Coast to Coast?

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick

Paul, I think me and you are on the same page but those series (particulary the Universal ones) I doubt will ever get another release!

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
For me it is two series - Mary Tyler Moore Show and Bob Newhart Show. I desperately want the complete series for these great shows.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Between Jeff Willis, Michael KS, and Bob Hug, I think all my abandoned favorites have been mentioned. But here they are anyhow:

1) Leave it to Beaver
2) Have Gun, Will Travel
3) Big Valley
4) Hazel
5) Quincy
6) My Favorite Martian
7) Partridge Family
8) Green Acres
9) Dragnet
10) Cheyenne

I didn't include "Naked City" and "The Rifleman" because that was about licensing, not abandonment. And I didn't include "Beverly Hillbillies" and "Petticoat Junction" because those were independent releases from an estate, not Paramount. But I want all four of those series as well.

Gary "battling the flu" O.

Katherine_K

Second Unit
NYPD Blue.

Not that I either blame Fox or expect to see it be picked up again. They gave it four seasons without getting much return.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
NYPD Blue
The Mary Tyler Moore Show
Cheers

Of course there are a bunch of sets that I have completed as they came out only to have the studio release the whole series in one discounted package with never before seen features and bonus discs. I guess what I'm saying is if folks support series right away, they will still end up missing out. It's the Kobyashi Maru (No Win Scenario).

stewprime

Agent
Real Name
Stew
Night Court
Cheers
Night Court
Amazing Stories
...oh yeah, and did I mention NIGHT COURT!!?!!?!

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
[My Favorite Martian (Come on Rhino, it's just one season, make it available in all the stores like Season 1 was and it should sell. I'm guessing Season 2 didn't sell well. Kind of hard to sell it when it's not available in any store and it's impossible to find it. I had to find it on ebay)

Amen also on ``My Favorite Martian''...I can't believe Rhino stopped especially after word came out that S3 was in the works only to be abandoned! :frowning:

michael_ks

Screenwriter
Well this is all very edifying as I hadn't realized how many shows from the 70s through the 90s had been abandoned, which leaves me with less hope for the older series I'm attempting to complete. Interesting too, how so many cite "Night Gallery" in their lists--the market is there, I feel for S2-3.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks