What's new

What are your favorite RSS feeds? (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
desktop2.jpeg
(Click on photo for larger picture)​
Sometimes I don't understand the lack of love for RSS
feeds and the fact that Google recently shut down their
service.

I consider myself to be an RSS feed junkie. You can see
in the above photo, a partial screenshot of my desktop.
On the left side of the screen resides an app called
NEWSBAR. It's a transparent scrollable feed of the latest
RSS news items that I am subscribed to. This is probably
my single most favorite piece of software I have purchased.

I am always looking for new RSS feeds to add to it. The
more news I receive, the better. I even have RSS feeds
coming from this very forum to keep on top of the latest posts
moments after they are published.

So, for you fellow RSS junkies out there, what do you consider
to be your favorite feeds?I am going to list mine below. If you click on the links and have
an RSS reader installed on your desktop, it should automatically
add that feed to your software.

My Favorite RSS feeds

http://rssfeeds.usatoday.com/usatoday-newstopstoriesfeed://cultofmac.com.feedsportal.com/c/33797/f/606249/index.rssfeed://rss.cnn.com/rss/cnn_topstories.rssfeed:http://feeds.macrumors.com/MacRumors-Allfeed://feeds.macrumors.com/MacRumors-All?format=xmlfeed://feeds.feedburner.com/loopinsight/KqJb?format=xmlfeed://feeds.feedburner.com/9To5Mac-MacAllDayfeed://www.theverge.com/rss/index.xmlfeed://feeds.feedburner.com/androidauthority?format=xmlfeed://feeds.feedburner.com/androidcentral?format=xmlfeed://feeds.feedburner.com/blogspot/hrAm?format=xmlfeed://feeds.feedburner.com/9to5Google?format=xmlfeed://cultofandroid.com.feedsportal.com/c/33880/f/612195/index.rssfeed://feeds.feedburner.com/Makeuseof?format=xmlfeed://feeds.feedburner.com/Venturebeat?format=xmlfeed://www.androidpit.com/en/android/blog/subscribe/atom.xmlfeed://feeds.feedburner.com/AndroidNewsGoogleAndroidForums?format=xmlhttp://lifehacker.com/android-downloads/index.xmlfeed://feeds.gawker.com/lifehacker/fullfeed://www.hometheaterforum.com/rss/forums/2-blu-ray/feed://www.hometheaterforum.com/rss/forums/1-dvd-blu-ray-reviews/

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
The Dish (news & politics coverage, heavy bias, strong 'voice')Daring FireballThe Wirecutter (home & gadget product recommendations )Marco.orgSam's crazy. Everyone knows Twitter is for following Ashton Kutchers photography hobby.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Dave,

Thank You for those recommendations. Going to go look at them now.

Nice to see a fellow RSS Junkie here.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
It's how I browse the web and relax in the evening :)With Google Reader shutdown, I'm using Feedly on my iPhone and iPad. Really like it. But I don't have a desktop app; though I almost never read RSS feeds on my computer before Google quit RSS.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
kottke.org is one of my favorites. Always something interesting showing up there.

Most of my feeds are of personal interests, but I would toss out Warming Glow (pop culture snark), Badass Digest (movies), and I Watch Stuff (movies)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Paul,

Just checked out that site. The Face Mashups are hilarious.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
No links, but I only used RSS for some (fantasy) baseball stuff (like Rotoworld, Hardball Times, Baseball Prospectus) and a little bit of Android stuff (from Android Central and maybe one other place I don't recall now).

For the baseball fans amongst you, came across this via the Hardball Times feed at the start of the current baseball season -- actually made use of the comic strip for my FB cover pic: :D

http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/blog_article/20th-anniversary-charlie-browns-moment-in-the-sun/

644433_318502701608458_409291281_n.jpg

FYI, the Hardball Times article got her name wrong -- should actually be Royanne Hobbs. :D

Went cold turkey w/out RSS for the last few weeks, but probably should get back to it maybe w/ Feedly...

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks