What's new

What are your 3 favorite Spielberg films? (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Karl Pozorski
As a director:

1- Raiders of the Lost Ark.
2- Jaws
3- Jurassic Park

As a producer:

1- Back to the Future
2- Who Framed Roger Rabbit
3- The Goonies

As an actor:

1- The Blues Brothers
2- Austin Powers: Goldmember

Sorry, I can only think of two as an actor. Unless you include the Goonies video.

Originally Posted by Karl Pozorski

As an actor:

1- The Blues Brothers
2- Austin Powers: Goldmember

1. Hitchcock... Man in cowboy hat
2. Eli Roth... Moron stoner in Amsterdam

Jesse Brickzin

Stunt Coordinator
Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) This is the Ultimate Adventure Film..The way they were suppose to be made.

Schindler's List (1993) Excellent Film that is sadly missing from my collection now that i think about it.

Poltergeist (1982) (producer) Thereee Heeere! 10 years old when i saw this at the Cinema..

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Jurassic Park
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Duel

It's truly a shame he won't put any of these on Blu-ray. What's he waiting for, the next HD format to hit the market?

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
One of the my three favorites is the original broadcast version of DUEL.
It ran just under 74 minutes in a 90-minute time slot.
You'd think 16 minutes of commercials would rob the film of its suspense, but actually, each segment was a case study in how to create suspense and in how to escalate suspense from one segment to another.
It was repeated several times, caused a sensation, and I watched it over and over again.

The 90 minute version with padded scenes and additional footage released on DVD is okay but not as nail-biting as the shorter version.
The shorter version is the better DUEL, leaner, meaner, more harrowing, and infinitely more suspenseful.
How disappointing that Universal and Spielberg will not let us see again the original DUEL that started it all.

Richard

Fred Bang

Stunt Coordinator
Here's mine:

1- 1941
2- Hook
3- The Lost World

Just kidding.

I'm gonna provide two list. The first one is my favorites but mostly for nostalgic reason. The second is what I consider his Best movies.

Nostalgia:
1- Raiders of the lost Ark
2- Close Encounter of the Third Kind
3- E.T. The Extra-terrestrial (boy did I weep on this one)

Masterpieces:
1- Schindler's List (boy did I weep on this one)
2- The Color Purple
3- Saving Private Ryan

Cory S.

Supporting Actor
Do I lose some cinephile credibility if I state that my three favorite Spielberg films are:

1. Minority Report
2. The Lost World Jurassic Park/A.I. Artificial Intelligence
3. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Its my theory that when Spielberg doesn't have a tight handle on the story he really wants to tell and just lets loose, that Spielberg tends to get very inventive and its that one that I just unabashedly love the most. The prime examples are Lost World and Temple of Doom.

Minority Report, to me, is one of the all time great sci-fi films, even with the disjointed middle section. The look. The story. The thematics of it. Everything. I just love this film. It's the one Spielberg film I've watched the most.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Do I lose some cinephile credibility
Well, I'm sorry to say, most certainly for "The Lost World"

It may have been a tolerable film if it weren't for the "Politically Correct" dreck that ran through the film and the awful character writing. For example, Julianne Moore's character is supposed to be an experienced outdoorsman who preaches that even "bending a blade of grass" changes the natural environment they're in and how T-Rexes have an extremely acute sense of smell. But through the movie she brings back a baby T-Rex to the trailer, wears a vest covered in T-Rex blood, leaves food uncovered at the campsite. Not to mention that Vince Vaughn's acts of sabatoge directly result in deaths, but yet there are no reprecussions for his character because he is a "good guy" environmentalist.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks