What's new

What are you watching still this fall 2004? (merged) (1 Viewer)

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Here's the link to the '04 fall schedule: link

Sunday

8:30 FOX - Arrested Development (Sunday 9:00 PM)
9:00 ABC - Desperate Housewives
9:00 WB - Jack & Bobby
9:00 ABC (Spring '05) - Alias

Tuesday

8:00 WB - Gilmore Girls

Wednesday

8:00 ABC - Lost
9:30 WB - Drew Carey's Green Screen Show

The general concensus among critics is that Arrested Development is the best show on network television and the critics are absolutely right. I urge anyone who has yet to see it to tune in for the premiere Nov. 2. I saw the pilot for
Desperate Housewives and it looked quirky enough for me to want to watch a couple more episodes before making a final judgement.
The only reason I'm tuning in for Jack and Bobby is because it's executive produced by TV god Tommy Schlamme. Does anyone else remember the five year reign of Sorkin and Schlamme televison gold? Sorkin's next television drama, a behind the scenes look of an SNL type sketch comedy show, is in development to premiere in the 05-06 television season.
Alias of course should be worth the wait as J.J. has admitted in several articles that he wants season 3 to be considered the "bump in the road" of the series and that he promises to restore the things to the show that made us love it in the first place. That and Buffyverse vets Drew Goddard and Jeff Bell are joining the writing team.
Gilmore Girls is still the best longest running show on TV in my opinion. Some considered the fourth season to be rather slow and dull compared to previous seasons but I still believed it maintained a consistent greatness in writing, especially with yet another Buffyverse vet, Jane Espenson, joining the writers team.
I thought the pilot for Lost was pretty dumb but intriguing enough for me to want to know what the crap exactly was in the trees.
The only reason I'm tuning in for Drew Carey's Green Screen Show is because of improv superstars Colin Mochrie and Ryan Stiles. These guys never failed to crack me up on WLiiA.

What will you be watching this fall?

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Right now, I plan on watching...

FOX - The Simpsons
NBC - Fear Factor
NBC - Last Comic Standing 3
CBS - Survivor
NBC - The Apprentice 2
CBS - The Amazing Race

But I cannot wait until 2005 because that's when Fox revives Family Guy and premieres American Dad, a new series from the creator of Family Guy.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Arrested Development, Boston Legal, American Dad, the return of Family Guy, and I'll probably give ST: Enterprise one last chance. I always watch PBS's NOW With Bill Moyers and Frontline, and the good nature and history docs. that pop up from time to time besides hocky (if they even have it this season... greedy bastards) and sometimes the odd football game. And don't let me forget The Daily Show on Comedy Central.

Other than that it'll be a lot of catching up on classic movies on DVD.

TV is very much a bunch of dreck nowadays (especially the "reality" kind) with fewer and fewer stand out shows.

Everyone must watch A.D. and the Seth MacFarland animated shows American Dad and Family Guy if you watch any TV shows at all this season. If you care about the sad state of our government, country, world, and the environment and want to do something about it be sure to watch NOW for some real insight and depth (Bill Moyers has been around for quite a while and has real substance to him and asks tough, probing, moral questions, and is almost as highly regarded as Walter Cronkite in the anals of news reporting and philosophical discussion... he will be sorely missed when he retires). I hardly watch the argumentative, sensationalized pseudo-news B.S. on the cable networks anymore... and as for Fox News being "fair and balanced": yeah, and I'm Joan of Arc. :D

Dan

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Dan, please leave the political posturing off this forum. It's not welcomed here. You've already had a hand in getting one thread closed today.

For those not sure what else is on this upcoming season, Jason Seaver has done a nice job of listing the shows in his 2004 Fall Schedule thread, so feel free to use that thread to find out what looks interesting to you. (Oops, just noticed Kevin linked to it in the initial post).

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
The Apprentice 2, the rest of WSOP, college and pro football, and maybe some of the baseball playoffs.

For the most part I'd rather watch movies than TV shows.

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
I'm only planning to watch five shows on the networks and none of them are new:

ER
Gilmore Girls
The Simpsons
Smallville
Star Trek: Enterprise

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I'll watch returning shows such as the Simpsons, King of the Hill, and as for new shows probably just Joey.

Well, those and of course football/baseball playoffs.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
The bad thing about owning a Tivo is I dont watch commercials anymore so I'm not too sure on whats on besides The Surreal Life. But I'll tell you this; Sunday nights are still HBO nights.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for enforcing this rule! :emoji_thumbsup:

Jean, I don't have HBO, so I get to miss out on Sopranos and all the other shows they have to offer, and hearing so many good things about the shows makes me even more sad that I don't have HBO. :frowning:

I forgot to mention that I might end up watching Father Of The Pride, just to see if it's funny at all.

Evan M

Second Unit
My wife and I are mostly stuck on the WB, with a few other chocies..

7th Heaven (wife's choice)
Everwood
Monday Night Football
One Tree Hill
Law and Order: SVU
Smallville

And possibly:

My Wife and Kids
The King of Queens
Will & Grace
8 Simple Rules
JAG

I plan on checking out the following, and deciding if they are worth making a point to watch:
Arrested Development
Tru Calling
The Jury

That's pretty much it.. nothing else tweaks my interest.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
1. The Simpsons. For me there is no such thing as a bad episode, just ones that aren't as good.

2. Law and Order/Law and Order: SVU. Allways favorites of mine. Curious how Dennis Farina will fit in. Never could get into L&O:CI though.

3. Enterprise. I got hooked during the middle of the the third season. I have a lot of catching up to do. Wish UPN had rerun seasons 1 and 2 this summer.

4. Stargate SG1/Stargate Atlantis. Yeah I know they are going on hiatis soon and they started back in July but I'll look forward to their return. I'll also be looking forward to some mini-series on SCI FI such as "Farscape: Peacekeeper Wars" and the new "Battlestar Galactica" in January.

5. Boston Legal. One of the only "new" programs that I'll check out. I enjoyed the set up in the last few episodes of "The Practice".

I do watch a lot of basic cable programs which don't fit into the classic fall scheduling. I really like the History Channel and would actually pay for a non-commercial version of it. The Food Network gets my eyeballs too. I am catching up on their reruns of "A Cooks Tour" which is brilliant TV even if you are not a "foodie".

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Sunday:

America's Funniest Home Videos
King of the Hill (tape)
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
Alias (Jan)

Monday:

Fear Factor
The Swan (yeah, yeah)
CSI: Miami
LAX (tape)

Tuesday:

Navy NCIS
Father of the Pride
Law & Order SVU
American Idol (Jan)

Wednesday:

Lost
Law & Order
CSI: NY (tape)

Thursday:

(Not Home)
Extreme Makeover (tape)
CSI (tape)
Graham Norton Effect (tape)

Friday:

(Not Home)
Stargate SG-1 (tape)
Stargate: Atlantis (tape)
Dr. Vegas (tape)

Saturday

Nothing on tv to watch, catch up on Thurs. & Fri.

Looking forward to Global Frequency at midseason.

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein
Well, here's my premiere date list:

Thursday, July 229 p.m. "Studio 7"
Thursday, July 298 p.m. "Blue Collar TV"
Monday, Aug. 308 p.m. "The Complex" (two-hour premiere)
Tuesday, Aug. 319 p.m. "Father of the Pride" NBC
Tuesday, Aug. 319:30 p.m. "Scrubs"
Wednesday, Sept. 88 p.m. "That '70s Show"
Thursday, Sept. 98 p.m. "Joey" NBC
Thursday, Sept. 98:30 p.m. "The Apprentice"
Thursday, Sept. 168 p.m. "Survivor: Vanuatu"
Thursday, Sept. 168:30 p.m. "Drew Carey's Green Screen Show"
Thursday, Sept. 168:30 p.m. "Will & Grace"
Friday, Sept. 178:30 p.m. "Commando Nanny"
Saturday, Sept. 1811 p.m. "Mad TV"
Monday, Sept. 208:30 p.m. "Listen Up"
Monday, Sept. 209 p.m. "Everybody Loves Raymond"
Monday, Sept. 209 p.m. "Girlfriends"
Monday, Sept. 209:30 p.m. "Second Time Around"
Tuesday, Sept. 219:30 p.m.: "Rodney" (ABC)
Wednesday, Sept. 228 p.m. "America's Next Top Model"
Wednesday, Sept. 228 p.m. "Smallville"
Wednesday, Sept. 229 p.m. "The Mountain"
Wednesday, Sept. 229 p.m. "Veronica Mars" (preview)
Wednesday, Sept. 229:30 p.m. "Center of the Universe"
Friday, Sept. 248:30 p.m.: "Savages" (ABC)
Friday, Sept. 2410 p.m. "dr. vegas"
Saturday, Sept. 258 p.m. "The Amazing Race 6"
Sunday, Sept. 268 p.m. "Clubhouse" (special preview)
Tuesday, Sept. 289 p.m. "Veronica Mars" (regular time-period premiere)
Wednesday, Sept. 299 p.m. "Kevin Hill"
Sunday, Oct. 310 p.m.: "Boston Legal" (ABC)
Sunday, Oct. 39 p.m.: "Desperate Housewives" (ABC)
Thursday, Oct. 79 p.m.: "life as we know it" (ABC)
Friday, Oct. 88 p.m. "Star Trek: Enterprise"
Sunday, Nov. 77 p.m. "King of the Hill"
Sunday, Nov. 78 p.m. "The Simpsons" "Treehouse of Horror"
Sunday, Nov. 78:30 p.m. "Arrested Development"
Sunday, Nov. 79 p.m. "The Partner"
Sunday, Nov. 148 p.m. "The Simpsons" (official season premiere)
Tuesday, Nov. 169 p.m. "House"

Obviously a few holdovers from last season.
As for the rest:

I always watched the premiere of a show to see how it is, and also in case I'm ever on Jeopardy I'll have a slim chance of remembering who was in what, even if it's a show I end up not watching regularly.

Lately, though, since I generally only watch comedies, I have been skipping the drama pilots that I'm sure I won't watch anyway.

Comedies, I will watch the pilot, but there were a couple last year that I didn't get past the opening theme song.

Rock Me Baby comes to mind.

If I had to guess, I'll end up watching the following new ones:

Father of the Pride
Joey

And anything that has Paula Marshall in it.

JamesED

Second Unit
Other than Adult Swim shows, I only plan on watching Arrested Development and Enterprise. Oh, and football of course.

I'm disappointed Enterprise is moved to Friday's, but that's what TiVo is for.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
My post from May pretty much still holds, although I doubt we'll see more of The Jury, and Enterprise gets a boost now that people who like Star Trek are in charge, while Clubhouse probably falls off the list from some awful ads during Red Sox games. Oh, and Green Screen moves to Thursdays.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
King of the Hill
The Simpsons
American Dreams
Still Standing
Everybody Loves Raymond
One Tree Hill
The Bernie Mac Show
Without a Trace

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
These are the only shows (so far) that I will tape if I'm not at home this fall.

Arrested Development - a fantastic comedy that I'm glad was given a second season.

Scrubs - I just saw the season premiere tonight and it's as good as ever.

Star Trek: Enterprise - Yeah, yeah, I know a lot of people have trouble with this show, but I've stuck with it and I feel the payoff last season was worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks