What's new

What are you playing right now? (1 Viewer)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm still flopping between Red Dead Redemption (bought the undead pack but waiting for x-mas break to play it) and RB3. Got the keys, and last night got the pro-drum cymbals. I enjoy RB so much that I don't see myself ever not playing it, it's just too fun and convenient ha ha.

I'm thinking of picking up "EA SPORTS ACTIVE 2". I've always been curious about the fitness games, and it looks about as good as it gets with the PS3. Anyone try it?

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Juggling several now on my way to settling on a couple of them for long time play:

Mount & Blade. Picked up this with the sequel for just $10 from steam. The original game is so challenging! It's taking me forever just to get thru the tutorials. I'm loving it!

And Yet it Moves. Indie game with a very unique "torn out of a magazine" look like nothing else I've played. Addicting and often unfair with the way the levels work. My favorite kind of game being an Amiga alumni.

Torchlight. Another steam purchase. Just a fiver. Diablo 3, basically.

Stronghold. Bought the collection from direct2drive for a fiver. This original game is much simpler than I remembered, thanks to years of playing this same kind of game. I guess this set was worth it to finally get these.

Cogs. Another indie game. Very creative and addicting. It's a slider game, like those puzzles with the pictures on them and you try to slide things around to get the picture. There's no pictures here, you get these cogs slid in place so "something" happens. There's one like a jack in the box and you get the popup once you place the slides correctly. So far it's very fun! Some of these are cubes so you have dimension to consider.

Puzzle Dimension. The addictiveness is fading a little but i'm still compelled to continue.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Legendary. This didn't rate well but I'm sure having a ball with it. Not sure what the problem is... linear? Redundancy of levels? It's $1.90 well spent if you ask me. Haven't been playing much else of the above. Will probably finish the game before long.

castle

Grip
Real Name
anndrew
Assassin's Creed is my top game right now!
I'd say I like it as much as Red Dead Redemption in story telling arc. And it blows most other games away with it's action combat and graphics

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I just bought 6 games from GameStop for their Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale. Best part: only cost me $80. I should be busy for a while.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Just finished Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands. It was better than I expected from the reviews. It was short but sweet, the concepts never had a chance to get old, and I was actually surprised at the production values considering the short time between it's announcement and release. That said, I'm happy I didn't pay full price for it.

Now playing Red Faction Guerilla.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
fallout 3. Sort of... plays great until I enter the Atrium...then my somewhat updated PC transforms into a 10 year old unit when then framerate goes to 1 or 2 a sec. Thought this was a classic? What happened? Stuff all over the net about how terrible it runs but I only saw the good reviews before buying. Hate it when that happens... Well, will be working on it all afternoon to see if I can get it fixed. :(

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Greg - The PS3 version. I was tempted to buy the Wii version too since it's supposed to be different, but I'm not planning on it.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Thanks. I was a big fan of Sands of Time, enjoyed Warrior Within in spite of the stupid shift in tone, and never got to finish Two Thrones because Starforce screwed up my computer. So, I haven't played a PoP game in a while, but I still consider myself a fan. I bought the XBox version of TTT, but it turns out it doesn't work on the 360. Anyway, I'm enough of a fan that I also plan to buy both versions (360 and Wii), but I haven't gotten around to it. I'm thinking I'll like the 360 version the best. I never played the reboot from a couple of years ago. Any idea if the PSP version is a third all-different version?

I've been playing Super Mario All-Stars Wii. As reviews have stated, it is complete shovelware, to a disgusting degree. They didn't even bother to change the onscreen controller legend from a SNES pad! It must have taken them a whole afternoon to slap this together, and it should very well have been a VC game. That said, I always wanted the original SNES game but never got around to it, so I'm glad to have it. This is my first time to play SMB3 (!) and it's pretty fun. From watching videos on YT, I'm not so sure the NES version doesn't have more charm. I guess I'll eventually get the VC version to have both.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Fallout 3. tinkered with it a lot yesterday. The lag seems to have something to do with the sound. At one point it just stopped when I was messing with the terminal in the overseers office. Runs really smooth at ultra level when that lag disappears. The lag just seems random, even In the wasteland area... but often ends when the radio is playing. It's a mystery.... would be a fun game but I feel like I wasted my money on this. Might uninstall and shelf for now. this game came out in '08 and the official patch didn't stop the problem. Will be trying the unofficial today...then shelf if that doesn't work. :( Borderlands and the various Stalker games work. Nuff said.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Call of Duty: Black Ops. I really have to stop buying CoD games. So far I'm not overly impressed with Black Ops. I like FPS games but the CoD games are just too linear. It always feels like you are stuck in a frontal assault, without any means to actually flank or go around a resistance point. And when are these guys going to add the ability to fire from cover. God, that ability has been in FPS games since HALO, probably even earlier. Was it Treyarch that did the CoD game where part of it took place in the Pacific theatre? Black Ops has the same feel as that one and I didn't much care for that game either.

Corwin

Auditioning
Real Name
Corwin
Now i am playing football with my childrens .....and enjoyed my life .
Have a Good Day to all of you !

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Fallout 3. The game doesn't like my sound codec. I've had small problems before with things. Even so, I figured out that I can adjust the in-game radio and that stops the major lagging, leaving minor lagging caused by my slow CPU. So I'm happy with that. I plan to uninstall/install new codec to fix it completely. The game is a little too familiar since it's basically Oblivion with Fallout graphics. But really, that's not a bad thing. It's gritty...which is good. Not sure if I'll like this as well as the Stalker series or Borderlands. But I won't know until I start over and play it out a little while. The game world seems big like Oblivion. I hope really big like Morrowind... The combat system is a lot of fun to play with. Choosing the area you want to shoot at then letting it go.. or the old fashioned way of shooting like crazy hoping you hit something.

Edit: The codec was it. I had some broken ones. Anybody can PM me if they want specifics about fixing that. It stopped the problem with the extreme lag and adjusting the radio to stop it. The game menus were also running bad before...not now. Still, I'm getting the slow-mo effect others are talking about when outdoors. :( Smooth as silk indoors... Hopefully I can fix that. Kind of glad it was my PC and not really the game's fault as others are saying. I prefer their Elder Scrolls series... Borderlands and Stalker are better games in my eyes. But this is still pretty fun with lots of atmosphere.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Note for folks on the thread.

Recently Indie game producers did a set of games where you could bid what you wanted on it and part of the money would go to charity and/or the game programmers. Minimum was $5. Several in the set were worth far more than that alone. They are doing it again with 5 new titles. These are usually simple little 2D games that happen to be a lot of fun too. I've owned and played the included Machinarium, and I'm telling you it's worth more than $5 alone.

Anyway, HERE'S THE LINK

You'll be happy you got this.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Been giving the "Undead Nightmare" pack on Red Dead Redemption a spin. Great fun it is though I could do without zombie grizzly bears...

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Greg - Ubisoft is rereleasing the Prince of Persia Sands of Time Trilogy games in HD for PS3 as downloadables for $15 each. If you have a PS3, you could try playing TTT that way. I think the reboot from a couple years back was EXCELLENT and I can't believe people hated it so much. Playing that in HD with surround sound was proof enough for me that my HDTV was a good purchase (as if MGS4 wasn't enough).

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Thanks for the info. I don't have a PS3, so I'll have to hope it comes to the 360. Otherwise, it's on Steam, but my computer won't handle it that well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks