What's new

What are you playing right now? (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Plants vs Zombies 2 (on iPad).

I've got a stack of iPad games in backlog. And I'm still working my way through a second play of Bioshock Inf. I think I'm Civ Rev'd out for now. Next Xbox game will be Alan Wake.

I'm hoping PS3 prices, used or otherwise, drop with release of PS4. I'd like to get one cheap to play some exclusives.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Got my PS3 back from the shop and finally fired up The Saboteur. It started by asking if I wanted to enter the game code to download a pack of more "adult" content, including nudity, violence, etc. It wouldn't let me connect (I think the PSN was undergoing maintenance last night, which would explain it), so I just started the game.

Despite the absence of the DLC, the initial image is of a dancer in pasties, pulling back to reveal a club full of them and laughing Nazi officers. Not far into gameplay, one discovers that the main character's best friend and sidekick drops more F-bombs than an NWA album.

My son was in the room when I started playing. Fortunately I paused it and got him out of there before the Mrs. came in. :eek: :D

The play mechanics are pretty standard for a third-person shooter, although the control isn't the best. There are a TON of driving sequences -- in fact, most of the first hour or so consists of driving. And Gran Turismo it ain't. But the game's shortcomings are barely noticeable behind the utter awesomeness of the storyline and production design. You're a badass Irish mechanic-turned-race-driver battling the Nazis in occupied France, continuously spouting brilliant goofery like "THIS IS HOW WE DO THINGS IN BELFAST, YA KRAUT BASTARDS!" And the shot of the Nazis marching into Paris naturally features a fleet of giant Uber-Art-Deco War Zeppelins cruising overhead.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Yup, PSN was down most of yesterday I think for maintenance. that code should work tonight I'd bet!

I'm still playing FAllout3. I finished all the main quest and side quests, last night I hit level 30. So now I'm off to collect the rest of the bobbleheads before killing all the Super Mutant Boheamouths and starting on the DLC.

I'm liking the game and having fun (Terrible shotgun taking down raiders and gouls with close up head shots is a special type of joy), but after Skyrim it feels real thin despite there being lots to do. Skyrim might of ruined RPGs for me. :S

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
but after Skyrim it feels real thin despite there being lots to do. Skyrim might of ruined RPGs for me. :S
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean, Russell. Despite the bugs in the game and some of the head puzzling logic of the NPCs (I always love it when a thief accosts me and threatens to gut me like a fish moments after I've taken down a Legendary Dragon :) ) I haven't found any sandbox game that as is satisfying and immersive as Skyrim. I've been replaying the DLCs on Xbox and I've actually considered the purchase of a gaming workstation so that I can explore the mods for the game and run the high resolution textures. Still debating whether or not I am going to take this step or not.

- Walter.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Wait for a sale on Skyrim. The legendary edition was $32 recently. won't be long it'll be $20.

I'm almost through all levels on Gravity. Darn fun game for $1.25. Short plays (1 or 2 levels at most). Makes me think out of the box, which is kind of scary.

My PC problems returned like before. I opened it up and reseated the sound card. So far so good.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Finished Gravity. Proud of myself on that one. 100 levels. I used hints on a couple of the middle levels but that was all. I'd definitely buy a Gravity 2. I plan to alert my dad next time this is on sale. He's mostly a non-gamer, but plays a few like this one.

Lost Planet 1 and 2 are on sale at gameflay. $3.75 and $5. Thought about picking them up.

Emanuel1

Agent
Real Name
Dessel Martro
I am currently revisiting my old PS1 game collection worth over 60 gb of HDD space. But I'm playing Metal Gear Solid now. Good game...

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Little bits of Skyrim. It's got me howlin at the moon since last week. I figured, why not? lol At least those trolls don't know what hit em when I happen by.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm still trucking along on Fallout 3. Just started the Broken Steel add-on. Hoping to finish it and the last two add-ons by the end of the weekend. It's good stuff, but I'm ready for it to be over. Which shows in my playing style where instead of being a super nice guy, my shotgun us doing most of the talking. :P

I'm also insanely hooked on "The Simpsons: Tapped Out" on my smart phone. It's basically Farmville, but it's the Simpsons so that makes it okay. I'm signed in with an Origin account, user name "RussBGrant" if anyone wants to friend up to share Springfields. :)

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Not playing much right now, but reading Russell's comment about the DLCs for Fallout 3 reminded me of my play through a few years ago. The Point Lookout DLC was probably one of the tougher things I ran into in Fallout 3. The zombie wave attacks in particular. Had to laugh at the hillbillies, but they could do some damage also.

- Walter.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Picked up Kingdom Hearts 1.5 for PS3. Played a bit of that yesterday.Also played a.bit of the beta version of Skullgirls on Steam that I got access to as part of a indiegogo perks package. Still have to download the full retail version that came as part of the same package.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Skyrim. I was sent on a mission into a cave I'd already had a mission in. Before, it ended with me leaving and not being attacked by a large group who really looked like they wanted to throw down! But this time I stole something from a chest while the same group just stood there watching me, still looking like they wanted to throw down. Really, they should have chopped me up and put me in the butcher's display case with per pound prices.

I'm hoping they work on the AI for the next ES. This cave I completed shows many weaknesses, including characters who unrealistically declare they were just hearing things, then proceeding to walk around bodies. The character obviously can't contemplate multiple rooms in these caves, only a short amount of area they will search each time then give up. Far too easy in cases like that. At least I'd like them to increase the amount of area they search each time something alarms them or throw in something unpredictable. They walk all the way to the end of an area where they heard something. I'd have to think fast and hide well...

/bitch session

Regardless, I love this game. :)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I FINALLY finished Fallout 3 and all it's DLC over the weekend. I was plain getting sick of it so I'm glad it's over. IT's a great game, but feels very repetitive after Skyrim. Skyrim is repetitive to, but at least the scenery changes! Best of the DLC was Operation: Anchorage, which doesn't fully succeed in bringing a stealthy "Call of Duty" experience to Fallout, but comes close enough that it's a breath of fresh air.

I finished up Fallout just in time to jump into a tournament on the Pinball Arcade. I had been away from the game for a little while, so it was fun spending time on some new tables that I hadn't played much of due to other gaming commitments.The last couple of patches seems to have fixed some of the issues it was having. Sadly, I didn't reach my goal of finishing in the top 100. At least I don't think I did, I wont know for sure until I check tonight.

Horror Challenge month is coming up fast so I'll probably hold off on starting a new proper game and keep plugging away at Pinball Arcade and other quickies.

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
Skyrim, of course...

Installed Fallout 3 and all its expansions from the Steam sale back in July, but it crashes like a MF on me.

Started GTA5, but like all the GTA games, I'm just driving around, exploring, and having fun, missions be damned!

Steam had all the "Pinball FX" tables available for less than $30, which works out to about a buck a table, and that's great entertainment when I can't devote time to Skyrim. Speaking of Skyrim, I have to figure out what mod (or mods) is causing the game to lock up when I attempt to enter any building. I can deal with crashes to desktop, but whatever is wrong locks up the game and forces me to reboot the PC every time!

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Russell G said:
Gorgar is a pain for sure! Firepower is DRAIN CRAZY! Annoying as heck!
I'm still waiting for an emulation of "Haunted House" from Gottleib. My favorite pinball game of all time with 3 playfields(attic, main floor, and basement).
I used to pour quarters into that one as a kid, and remember it being one of the "kinder" pinball machines of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks